Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My outdoor temperature sensor is no longer working. it flashes bars ----
I called dealer and asked if it was under warranty and he says bring it in and we'll check!!!
I asked again if this repair was under warranty and he said they would have to see the car!!!!!
2012 + 11,000 miles, was one year old in March

I havent looked at the warranty info yet but can anybody comment if this is still under warranty. If not, i will try and repair myself.

·
Registered
43 Posts
HI
Of course it is under warrenty...no worries until your warrenty is up.... except for oil changes , ect

naturegirl.
Here is canada our warrenty is for 5 years or 100,000 km

·
Registered
564 Posts
The REASON he told you they would have to see it is.........................................Nobody knows what happened UNTILL they see it. Why? A rock could have hit it and damaged it. If that was the case, you would have to pay for a new one. If the dealership told you flat out, it was covered and then they see it is damaged, you would have a big problem with them wouldn't you? Anything can be said over the phone.

·
Registered
106 Posts
As to the warranty length, I believe that certain electronics (like infotainment) is only covered for 3 years. I would check the manual but its pouring rain right now!
I remember our salesman mentioning it when talking about extended warranties.
Other than that ,5 yr 60,000 miles covers pretty much everything

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
As to the warranty length, I believe that certain electronics (like infotainment) is only covered for 3 years. I would check the manual but its pouring rain right now!
I remember our salesman mentioning it when talking about extended warranties.
Other than that ,5 yr 60,000 miles covers pretty much everything
That's true but temperature gauge isn't part of audio & entertainment. It should be on the 5 year/60k.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts