Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For the past couple of weeks I've been driving by a local Used Car lot and right in the front row, is a RED Kia Soul.
I kept asking myself "why is that great little car still there, when they are flying off of the New Car lots?"

So yesterday I was driving by there again and I just couldn't resist, going in and asking about that car.

The Owner/Salesman was a little vague about what was under the hood, but he did tell me it's a 2013 Base model, with only 4000 miles on the odometer.
So I got him to go out and open the car and raise the hood. It's definitely a Base model, with the 1.6L engine, with AT, Cruise Control, radio controls on the steering wheel.....the whole package that comes with the AT. Did I mention it's "RED", the reddest RED I've ever seen, except on a fire engine!
It also has the 15" steel wheels with Nexen tires. The oil has been changed and the whole car detailed. It really looks good!

I can see that car setting on a Kia Sales lot, when the owner of the Soul traded up to a bigger car, but on a used car lot??? "That does not compute"

Anyway, the bottom line....the asking price for this great little RED Soul is $15,000.

If only I had the money....... I'd snap that car up in a heartbeat.

:cool:

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Kind of weird, but maybe a Kia dealer took it in as a trade-in on a '14 or it was a financing snatch-back or whatever? They probably didn't want a pristine, low mileage car sitting on the lot maybe tempting someone off buying the 14's they are now trying to clear because 15's are coming in? Probably sent it to auction and this guy bought it.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something, but can't one get a red 2014 Base AT with 0 miles on it for about $15,000? If so, then maybe that's why it's still sitting there unsold.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something, but can't one get a red 2014 Base AT with 0 miles on it for about $15,000? If so, then maybe that's why it's still sitting there unsold.
I was thinking roughly the same thing. Price it at 14 or maybe even 13.5 and it might move then. Was it pretty flawless or did it need some love?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Seems like it's priced kinda high. Other than that, I don't see what's so weird. A used car at a used car lot? Seems pretty normal to me.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking roughly the same thing. Price it at 14 or maybe even 13.5 and it might move then. Was it pretty flawless or did it need some love?
No, it looked like it was just off the show room floor. I've bought salesmen's cars with more miles than 4k. They were still just like new. 4K is nothing.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,587 Posts
MSRP on 2014 Base AT is $17,860, so maybe not so weird for the that Spicy Red number?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Kelly Blue Book and the Credit Union say the car is worth 13,900 to 15k for loan value. That is probably what is driving the price. Sounds like a real honey.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Some buyers will think twice about what is pretty much last year's model sitting on a used-car lot with just 4,000 miles on it. They'll wonder what was wrong with it -- even if nothing is. And, don't forget, the buyer of a used Kia does without some of the warranty. Price the used one high enough and there's little point to buying it.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's GONE! And while I've been driving around the area, like my last trip to Orlando, I've seen a whole bunch of Kia Souls of all colors in used car lots.
A lot of drivers trading up I guess.

·
Registered
157 Posts
$15k for a 2013 base is really, really overpriced.

I bought my 2013 Plus, fully loaded, with 4k miles on it for $16k back in 2012.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts