Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is embarrassing .... I locked my self out of my 2011 Soul base .... I panicked and took a screwdriver and hammer to the driver's pull door handle and lock (later I learned how to pry the door window frame and use a stiff wire to unlatch, later I learned that breaking the window was far cheaper than repairing the door handle and lock assembly) .... I am having the car painted and all the dings taken out and having the door handle repaired .... I need a used, black or any color, pull door handle with conventional key and lock and the white plastic lock assembly that goes beneath the door handle .... anybody have one .... or where can I get one .... I've had nothing but trouble searching the internet .... thanks, Linc

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW I'm keeping my 2011 Soul as a utility car .... I bought a 2017 Hyundai Elantra SE (base) 2.0 liter, 6 speed std., 148 hp, 2800 lbs, great road car .... the best thing .... it uses the same tires, sparks plugs, oil and oil filter as my 2011 Kia Soul ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Problem solved .... I found a 2011 Kia Soul at a junk yard .... I bought the roof antenna, complete wiper arms and blades, door pull, key cylinder assembly, inside door pull + cables + latch assembly .... $150 plus tax !

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,619 Posts
Sweet deal!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
In the future, it's usually cheaper and faster to call a locksmith. Even if the locksmith charged $150, you wouldn't be out all the time & damage.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,619 Posts
Good point Johnny, I've had the cops let me into my own car a couple of times when I accidentally closed the trunk with the keys in it. They never asked to see my license ID, which was a little weird, but I was very grateful to them and Mr. Slim Jim.

I think it's fair to say Linc knows he may have "overreacted" a tad bit. I admire his pluck in owning up to it and getting it fixed :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts