Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys!!
Over at soulhamsters.com there is a GB for HSD coilovers that there will be producing for the KIA Soul...

Not sure if anyone has heard about HSD but they are one of top manufactures in the WORLD and are BIG in the Hyundai community and in Korea..
HSD are on the Hyundai Genesis Race cars in Korea and HSD has won 3 years in a row:)

If anyone is intrested this is a limited Edition coilover kit that they are actually willing to build for us..
Theres no coilover system avaliable for the Soul but i figured i express the excellent news:)

Here is the link guys!!

Braking/Wheels/Suspension - Soul Hamsters Forum

·
Registered
925 Posts
Yes I'll be installing them myself. I've done everything on my car. I know a lot will not buy because they think they are too expensive. I've seen and bought way more expensive ones in the past. These are really nice quality pieces.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
My set is ordered. Can't believe no one else wants in on these!!!!

Agree:)

Theres a cutsom set made for the Soul community...Come on guys our sould need Loving too:)

These kis retail for $1700+ and are a winning race team every year at the track in Korea:)

·
Registered
192 Posts
I purchased a set of these HSD coilovers and can not wait to have my mechanic install them for me. He is quite knowledgeable and teaches automotive courses to students interested in a career. I trust him and he has done all my aftermarket modifications. He says HSD is a good company and that he has a friend with the Genesis race cars. It is my understanding they use the HSD coilovers. He also says I will see quite a difference in the improved ride quality and performance. I know the parts are pricey, but good suspension parts are that way.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Totally Agree there:)
HSD has won 3 years in a row in Korea at the Race track in ALL the Genesis race cars and are an inverted montube doesign and progressive spring technology what sets them apart from other coilover companys around!!
This is what makes HSD a smooth comfortable ride:)

Cant wait to get these in woo hoo:p

·
Registered
925 Posts
It's gonna be a hard sell. Most of the folks here won't spend the cash on their cars. Or they'd rather have chrome or light up stuff..

·
Registered
842 Posts
thats not the only issue, Theres also the issue that in order to go low there is some modification required, simple if you know what youre doing.

Also, guys dont get too caught up in in the "they are used on race cars that win"
So is the majority of other manufacturers but they also produce crap sometimes too. (not saying these are crap)

But we need to remember the race versions are not what we get on the street

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Who is saying HSD is only ment for track:)
These Kits are Designed and Enginered for street and also can be used at the track..They offer the smoothest ride comfort with these coilovers installed...

I have driven in cars with HSD and there are my Top choice...Very smooth ride:)

·
Registered
842 Posts
Im simply reminding users on here that are not as educated in coil over technology that what they are buying is not the same quality or caliber as those used on race cars.

I understand they are decent quality coils, some of the smoother ones, but not the end all be all. There are many manufacturers out there that hopefully will produce sets in the very near future (although it doesnt look likely) and I say this based on previous experience, usually in coil overs you get what you pay for, and these appear in the mid range (specs and price) making them a nice streetable drive still. You'll still have your fillings in your teeth with these ones :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts