Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Soul GT-Line
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading a post on what you did to your soul today and someone posted I disabled the stop and go....I asked how they did that but no answer yet...does anyone know how to do that...I suppose we unplug and plug in a delete....but how and where to buy...thanks everyone...I am loving this little suv

·
Registered
320 Posts
I was reading a post on what you did to your soul today and someone posted I disabled the stop and go....I asked how they did that but no answer yet...does anyone know how to do that...I suppose we unplug and plug in a delete....but how and where to buy...thanks everyone...I am loving this little suv
I answered your question in this post.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,988 Posts
Oh my, this again. You'll find our member FLhamster came up with a great solution. Put a piece of cardboard, paper or toothpick and lodge the switch position. It's low tech with high effectiveness.

·
Registered
2021 Soul GT-Line
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh my, this again. You'll find our member FLhamster came up with a great solution. Put a piece of cardboard, paper or toothpick and lodge the switch position. It's low tech with high effectiveness.
alright .....sorry about that just was hoping someone knew of a delete.bypass that we could install like ford trucks and chevys have....I guess we are a little low on the totem...you know a tooth pick broke flush might not be a bad idea....I try it...thanks

·
Registered
200 Posts
alright .....sorry about that just was hoping someone knew of a delete.bypass that we could install like ford trucks and chevys have....I guess we are a little low on the totem...you know a tooth pick broke flush might not be a bad idea....I try it...thanks
I used an outdated charge card, cut it like 3/4 of an inch wide an inch long, and shove it in the top of the switch. Easy to remove and reinstall if you go to the dealership. If anyone will come out with a bypass switch it'll be this company. Kia Soul - Soul 2020+ (SK2) - Page 1 - Shark Racing

·
Registered
2021 KIA Soul X-Line Neptune Blue w/Black Top. Vehicle Build Date 10/07/2020, purchased 12/30/2020.
103 Posts
There are several wires coming from a wire harness and going into a wire plug. Which one?
I was going to build a little Arduino board to ground that connection (ISG) every startup after a 5 second or so delay. But I decided that I did not want to take the chance of giving Kia a reason to void my warranty, if they found my little gizmo. If you don't care about your warranty then I believe if you tie pin 4 to ground (24) it will do the trick of disabling the ISG function.

Multiple ways of dealing with turning it off for free though.
1. Muscle memory, just get in a habit of pressing the button after every start.
2. Shove something in there to hold the switch down. I personally don't like this option due to future software updates might flag a problem, or cause a problem by detecting a 'stuck' switch.
3. In my driving I've learned to let up a bit on the brake at a stop and it won't kill the motor.

Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Triangle

·
Registered
200 Posts
I was going to build a little Arduino board to ground that connection (ISG) every startup after a 5 second or so delay. But I decided that I did not want to take the chance of giving Kia a reason to void my warranty, if they found my little gizmo. If you don't care about your warranty then I believe if you tie pin 4 to ground (24) it will do the trick of disabling the ISG function.

Multiple ways of dealing with turning it off for free though.
1. Mussel memory, just get in a habit of pressing the button after every start.
2. Shove something in there to hold the switch down. I personally don't like this option due to future software updates might flag a problem, or cause a problem by detecting a 'stuck' switch.
3. In my driving I've learned to let up a bit on the brake at a stop and it won't kill the motor.

View attachment 138030

·
Registered
2021 KIA Soul X-Line Neptune Blue w/Black Top. Vehicle Build Date 10/07/2020, purchased 12/30/2020.
103 Posts
You could make quite a bit of money for a prewire plugin board. I know shark racing has it for the other Kias, it sells for like $72. Did you draw this up? ISG and Auto-Hold Memory Module - Various Applications - Shark Racing
Nope found this info digging around on this site. By profession I'm a retired electronics engineer, so it seems like a simple thing to build. No interest in selling it though. I made a pass through cable so you don't have to cut any wires, you just plug it inline. I posted some of my ideas on this subject here:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Toothpick
Insert on the right-side of the button and snap-off what remains. What's buried in the gap can be removed with the wife's sewing needle.

Reactions: highsling

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
On the 2020 Soul I glued the button IN the depress position. It has not shut down since.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I pushed the button in, then stuck a toothpick between the two buttons, which keeps the button permanently depressed. I've had the car 6 months and it's still there!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts