Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Process will take approximately 30-40 minutes.

How to Take Out Old Repeater Covers:

1. Open door and go to corner of old repeater.
2. Pull gently but firmly on top and bottom until it pops out.
3. Slide old repeater towards door to take it out.
4. You will now have an opening, and will not need to take off tires or anything to install new repeaters.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
how did this get stickied without any pics?

but my LED bulb and resistor install with plenty of pics and step by step instructions doesn't?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well, it worked for me and took only 5 minutes to get those faux fillers out. I appreciate any tips from this forum. Thanks much.

Jim

·
Registered
285 Posts
Well, it worked for me and took only 5 minutes to get those faux fillers out. I appreciate any tips from this forum. Thanks much.

Jim
Can you provide a more detailed step by step how to? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I too will be doing the swap once my lights come in from SharkRacing but while we wait I wanted everyone to know that the instructions for removal of the "side marker" are in the owners manual. Just look in the index of the owners manual for light bulbs or something (don't have the manual in front of me). It gives you what you need to know. And YES THIS INCLUDES THE USA version of the manual. Just like many other aspects...the instructions are there even though the option is not.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Can you provide a more detailed step by step how to? Thanks in advance.

No pictures needed here. As per Jameswill you open the door, position yourself at the repeater and facing the door; with your fingers, grab the top and bottom edge of the repeater-filler which faces the door and pull it away from the car until the edge pops out. The remainder of the repeater-filler readily comes out. Re-installation is even easier.

The manual (to the best of my knowledge) on pg 7-58 doesn't speak to the removal of the repeater filler but only the removal of the bulb assembly.

Jim

·
Registered
285 Posts
No pictures needed here. As per Jameswill you open the door, position yourself at the repeater and facing the door; with your fingers, grab the top and bottom edge of the repeater-filler which faces the door and pull it away from the car until the edge pops out. The remainder of the repeater-filler readily comes out. Re-installation is even easier.

The manual (to the best of my knowledge) on pg 7-58 doesn't speak to the removal of the repeater filler but only the removal of the bulb assembly.

Jim
Yay, thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Regarding re-installation - I'm wondering if KAI's side repeater will simply pop back into the space, or if it will need to be fastened and/or tightened from behind?

·
Registered
302 Posts
I'm with you on the removal - just wasn't 100% on whether the functional repeaters from KAI would pop right in, or would require some work from behind the fender. Based on the threads provided by hodad66, it looks like they would snap into the opening, which is great news. The info provided in this thread regarding removal is about a million times easier than jacking the car, removing the tire, etc..... This forum rocks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The wiring harness from "Shark Racing" for the fender repeaters installs very easily, and works fantastically. You get both running lights and turning signal with the harness.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts