Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so when at dealer to test drive basic and other models last friday, cars were parked way close together and i opened back door of another car and hit rear fender of my car, and noticed a ding today that i did to my car before i even bought... will see if dealer will fix but if not then i found this info, which looks very easy, maybe too easy lol....anyone ever try one of these techniques? http://www.wisebread.com/remove-car-dents-quickly-and-cheaply

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hi!
The day before I traded in my Honda for my Soul, a honking huge mini van parked on me, or, next to me, at work and put a HUGE vertical crease and "dimple" dent in my quarter panel... I did an on line search and found this technique: Heat area of damage with a hair dryer until the dented area is pretty warm to the touch. After heating area, immediately take a can of air duster, like you use on a computer, electronics, etc., and spray it on the warm area, with the can UPSIDE DOWN. A blast of very cold air will come out. When it hits the warmed area, the metal contracts with the temp. difference. You may need to do a few apps. Take your time and be patient. It works, with no damage to the paint! It costs about $5 and some time. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts
That works I know.
But only on a small dent.

RelenaRelena

1 - 3 of 3 Posts