Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you swapped out your OEM headunit to one that supports wireless Android Auto, and your cellphone is running Android 9, and you live in the USA, or Canada, or Mexico, you may be able to enable Wireless Android Auto now.

Heres how with a list of compatible headunits and cellphones that people have tried with success so far.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds exciting. Now how do I get my Samsung to run 9?
Depending on what your model and Android version are now you might get updated to Android Pie this year. This usually means that your phone is new enough to not have had a major OS update already. Not more than 2 years old I think.

or you might be able to root your phone to Pie if it's off the update list. If there is a version available that will run on your model phone.

Or buy a new phone already running Pie.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I tried for 2 hours last night to get AA to work without the usb cord with no success. I read in one thread that it uses Bluetooth and WiFI to get enough bandwith. How do I connect the phone & car using WiFi. I connected both to the same WiFi source but that didn't work.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried for 2 hours last night to get AA to work without the usb cord with no success. I read in one thread that it uses Bluetooth and WiFI to get enough bandwith. How do I connect the phone & car using WiFi. I connected both to the same WiFi source but that didn't work.
Do you live in North America?

Do you have one of the wireless AA supporting Kenwood, or JVC, Pioneer headunits mentioned in the article?

Do you have a Nexus or Pixel phone running on Android 8 Oreo or other Android phone running on Android 9 Pie (mentioned in the article)?

Did you follow the directions in the article to enable support for wireless AA on your phone?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have a Samsung Galaxy S8+ running Android 9. Trying to connect to 2016 Kia Soul factory Infinity Sound system with 8" touch screen.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Having a headunit with wifi is NOT enough. ONLY headunits capable of Wireless AA support will work. There aren't that many aftermarket units out there yet, but the list is growing. No OEMs yet that I am aware of either.

Thoroughly read the article in the 1st post to understand the limits of getting Wireless AA to work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts