Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2014 Soul+ with the NAV package and I've been trying to figure out what's required in order to use Android Auto.
I did some searching and found lots of conflicting information about it from a couple years ago, but couldn't find any clear answers.

I have downloaded the UVO app and registered at the myUVO site. When I log into myUVO I get a popup telling me that I need to activate UVO. It tells me to download the app and follow the steps.
Following the steps on the app screen, I connected the phone with a USB cable and pressed the SETUP button in the car. Next there's supposed to be a UVO eservices icon on the screen, but I don't have one.

It seems that I need some kind of software update, but the UVO website offers no help until I have activated UVO, so I'm stuck.

Here's a pic of my SETUP screen, as well as the system INFO screen. I suspect that it probably has all the same software and maps it was born with.

Thanks,
Lenny

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info flower. Looks like $145 for a download. I don't really care about having new maps for the stock NAV program, since I would be using Google Maps instead.
Is it possible to just get the updated software without paying for maps too?

Thanks,
Lenny

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. That is one of the threads I found when I searched.

"Customers will be notified by the end of July via email to go to myuvo.com for vehicle eligibility and step-by-step instructions on updating their vehicle with the latest downloadable software. All owners of new and pre-owned vehicles must register at myuvo.com to receive email notifications that the software is available for download."

It seems to confirm that a free software update should be available, but I'm not sure how to get it.
I did register my vehicle with myUVO, but I have not received an email about an update.

Thanks,
Lenny

·
Registered
531 Posts
When you login at myuvo.com is there a link to support or software updates or connectivity updates? Reads like that's what guys may have done??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When you login at myuvo.com is there a link to support or software updates or connectivity updates? Reads like that's what guys may have done??
Maybe, but I just get a bar across the top of the page that says "Some features are locked because you need to activate UVO."
I'm unable to activate UVO because I'm missing the UVO eservices icon on my screen. I guess I need the update to get that.

I did find a small link at the bottom of the page to "contact us", so I'll give that a try and see what response I get.

Thanks,
Lenny

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got a reply back from someone UVO Kia consumer affairs directing me to the mapnsoft site for the software upgrad and new maps. I decided to go ahead and pay the $145 to do that, since I wanted the new software and my maps were 4 or 5 years old anyway. I followed the download and installation steps and everything went fine. Nice to have the new software and Android Auto now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts