Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I've read several reliable sources that have told me "you can't buy a better plug for the Soul, than the OEM plugs".

Kia does use only a very high quality plug. Why change?

Those plugs should be good for at least 100 K miles.

:cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Your kidding right Champion plugs in this motor? This is no jeep YJ lol I just looked on Autozone web site has several plugs that say they fit.

Autolight platinums,bosh plat,iridium, champs,ngk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was plenty respectful, you just forgot something that is very important. I came in with knowledge that was helpful, even posted the links that show the tools for those that haven't seen them, prices, and sites with information about gapping your plugs. Hell, even one of the Moderators in here agreed.

You can CHECK the gap without breaking it.

Put the gap tool up to it, if the correct size won't go into the gap, the gap is wrong, so get it replaced if it is that fragile.

I don't believe it is that fragile at all, but you are the guy with the 1.6L.

You can either blindly put in a part and hope it is right, or you can at least check and make sure it is right before you rely on it. I didn't crap in your thread, I gave good information to try to help out other members here.

Want a chance for worse mileage and power? Don't check the gaps.

My last comment in here, because I'm not here to cause problems, is a quote from the Kia Bible.

www.kiatechinfo.com

Service Information

Choose "Soul AM"

Choose "2010"

Choose "G 1.6L DOHC"

Choose "Engine Electrical System"

Choose "Ignition System"

Choose "Spark Plug"

Choose "Repair Procedures"

Choose "Inspection"

Oh, and you forgot one other very important thing, as well did I.

Spark Plug Tightening torque (1.6L) :
9.8 ~11.8 Nm (1.0~1.2 kgf.m, 7.2~8.7 Ib-ft)

Again, hope this helps some.
Okay, so what is the specified gap? I really don't wanna pay the dealership over $200 for such an easy job!

·
Registered
2017 Base/auto, Shadow Black (Betsy)
797 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Soul+ Bright Silver (Sterling Soul)
780 Posts
Thanks. My other question: what is the recommended gap, for checking purposes, to make sure the new plugs are properly pregapped?

You didn't specify your car's model year, so here's for the Original Poster's car, a 2010 1.6L:

21 - 27 of 27 Posts