Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There's been a lot of talk about how this is not working properly.
It is working perfectly fine if you know what to do to attach your photo properly.

So this is a DIY on HOW TO ATTACH A PHOTO FROM YOUR COMPUTER INTO YOUR FORUM MESSAGE

You all know how to enter your message, but to attach an image to your message, follow the next 6 steps:

STEP 1: Next to the "POST QUICK REPLY" button underneath the message box you will see a "GO ADVANCED" button. Click on the Go Advanced button. This will pop up another screen.

Step 2: In the new pop up screen,scroll down a bit, you will see the " MANAGE ATTACHMENTS" button. Click on that button. This will pop up another screen.

STEP 3: In the new pop up screen, click on "ADD FILES" button near the upper right corner of the new box. This will pop up a new mini box.

STEP 4:
In the new mini box, click on "SELECT FILES" button. This will let you search your computer to attach the file you want. You MUST know where this file is located on your computer.

STEP 5: Once you've selected your photo file, click on "UPLOAD FILES" button.

STEP 6: PRESS on "DONE" button near the bottom right of the screen. This will upload your image on the Forum site. At the same time it will attach it to your message.

Guide:

STEP 1:

STEP 2:

STEP 3:

STEP 4:

STEP 5:

STEP 6:

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,085 Posts
Thanks Marc! Now Jimmy needs to see this......:goodpost

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I know of a few other people that were having difficulties posting pics from their computers. I know that this will help them. ;)

PS, to see a larger image of the pics I posted above, place your cursor on the picture, right mouse click and select "view image" from the pop up screen. This will blow up the image so that you can see it better. :)

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
PS, to see a larger image of the pics I posted above, place your cursor on the picture, right mouse click and select "view image" from the pop up screen. This will blow up the image so that you can see it better. :)
that works on Firefox not IE.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seriously, do people still use IE these days? I never liked it, NEVER Used it, NEVER will. This is just one of the reason why I don't use it. You can view the larger pics in Firefox, Chrome and most all other Browsers but IE...

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
I use IE and Firefox . IE is the most used browser in the world and sites general set up to function first with this. KGIS works better with IE than Firefox for example. Not necessary saying IE is the best, as Firefox as some good features but IE 9 has done a lot of changes too. I switch back and forth depending on the site, but mainly use IE 9.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
This is exactly what I do and it is very similar to what I use to do before they changed the site. I have a newer camera now and maybe the files are too big. They go through the upload and then I get a red exclamation mark beside the download with an error.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No Soul Sailor. I uploaded a picture from my Camera, Full size (5184 x 3456) and not reduced in memory as well and was able to upload it successfully.
Next time I'm at your place, I'll take a look to see what your problem is

·
Registered
456 Posts
Seriously, do people still use IE these days? I never liked it, NEVER Used it, NEVER will. This is just one of the reason why I don't use it. You can view the larger pics in Firefox, Chrome and most all other Browsers but IE...
The unfortunate reality is that some people access this website on their work computers that are only equipped with IE. Their computers are set up in such a way that installing non-approved software requires administrator privileges, and the user is using a non-administrator account. Thus, no Chrome, Firefox, or Safari on their computers.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My work place is the same. Admins are watching your every move and you can't install anything. They are the only ones that can install new programs on our computers.......BUT I was able to install BOTH Firefox and Chrome without a problem. Give it a shot and you may be surprised...

·
Registered
456 Posts
I've tried installing Firefox and Chrome on my computer recently, but was prevented from doing so by the computer's security policy :( I work for the state government, so they kinda frown upon that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts