Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a quick how-to giving the steps to add the "Fuelly Signature" so it will show in your posts.

1. Log in to your Fuelly dashboard.

2. Towards the bottom you will see a "Golden badge", click on that.

3. Select large or small banner.....copy the "large or small banner in a forum signature".

4. Come to KSF, go to "Settings", "Edit Signature", then paste into your signature the saved banner signature.

5. Then "Save Signature".

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
Thanks Buzz. I tried it to be honest I get such lousy MPG that I really don't want it up there to draw fire. Right now, for example, I am running a tank at 18 MPG clip. That is because of the temps and that I have to heat the car each time I put my wife into it. I can't take her shivering when we leave the garage to go somewhere (and no, I am not going for heated seats). I am not sure why, but when I get into a car, I am almost always not that cold.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can understand, my wife always insists that the car is warm before she gets in. You know how it is.....happy wife...happy life. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using the AutoGuide App.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Shaggy,
Some people have naturally lower body temps than others, I am usually 97.4 even in the summer. (I also have low blood pressure). I get cold really easily & the main reason I opted for the Whole Shabang.., wanted a + with Primo but hard to find in my area. I use the heated steering wheel and seats daily and don't have to wait until the car gets warmed up. And am really glad I got the WS just cause of the headlights...used to hate driving at night...I have yet to use the high beams! The illuminated range does cut off abruptly-bet Consumers Report will mention that when they finally get the vehicle review done. Hopefully the bright headlights don't blind oncoming drivers. There are aftermarket seat warmers you can get... Wagan 12V Heated Seat Cushion - Automotive - Interior Accessories - Seat Covers - Universal Seat Cushions

·
Registered
203 Posts
Thanks Buzz. I tried it to be honest I get such lousy MPG that I really don't want it up there to draw fire. Right now, for example, I am running a tank at 18 MPG clip. That is because of the temps and that I have to heat the car each time I put my wife into it. I can't take her shivering when we leave the garage to go somewhere (and no, I am not going for heated seats). I am not sure why, but when I get into a car, I am almost always not that cold.
Come on Shaggy, add it, we all get different MPG because our own driving styles and locations.
I get a good 6 MPG change from summer to Winter. Mine is low now because of the winter gas, cold weather and short commute. I walk when I can, but there are times I have to drive.

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
Come on Shaggy, add it, we all get different MPG because our own driving styles and locations.
I get a good 6 MPG change from summer to Winter. Mine is low now because of the winter gas, cold weather and short commute. I walk when I can, but there are times I have to drive.
Actually it is overall right about where yours is at.

·
Registered
170 Posts
HI everyone..!!! I just signed up for Fuelly and downloaded the app for my phone.. But I don't seem to have a "Golden Badge" on the dashboard.. Is it because I haven't entered any data, maybe..???

Thanks..
Aimee

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I haven't used the phone app, I've always accessed Fuelly via my PC. I'm sure you'll have to have data to get the badge. :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
While I'm asking questions, what happens if my husband fills Ariel up but does not keep the receipt? Can I just keep track of what I am putting in?

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes you can. It will still track what you enter. I have missed a few over the years.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using the AutoGuide App.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thanks Buzz..!!! I would hate to have my signature say I was getting 3 or 4 mpg because of missing data.. :(

Shaggy.. My husband is the proverbial "old dog".. I just shrug and go on.. :tranquillity:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Buzz, excellent Sticky. Helped me get my Fuelly signature added.

I have a question though, I want to add the Fuelly signature along with other text, and I'm getting an error message saying I can't go over 125 characters including the Fuelly signature.

I notice on your signature, you've got your fuelly, along with other information. How did you do that?

I want to have the fuelly and then add this below it.....

"Oh, yes, I forgot to mention...little children and animals can see things the rest of you dumdums can't" - The Great Gazoo

·
Registered
62 Posts
As part of my fuelly I always record the current ODO, computer MPG and computer average mph.

I was wondering if there's some way to export all the stuff (including notes, etc) from fuelly into a spreadsheet or pdf report. Would be a handy way of keeping maintenance logs.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Hey Buzz, excellent Sticky. Helped me get my Fuelly signature added.

I have a question though, I want to add the Fuelly signature along with other text, and I'm getting an error message saying I can't go over 125 characters including the Fuelly signature.

I notice on your signature, you've got your fuelly, along with other information. How did you do that?

I want to have the fuelly and then add this below it.....

"Oh, yes, I forgot to mention...little children and animals can see things the rest of you dumdums can't" - The Great Gazoo
Being a Premium Member raises the limit to 240 characters and being a former Super Moderator here doesn't hurt either! :)

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As part of my fuelly I always record the current ODO, computer MPG and computer average mph.

I was wondering if there's some way to export all the stuff (including notes, etc) from fuelly into a spreadsheet or pdf report. Would be a handy way of keeping maintenance logs.
How do I export my fuel-up data?

Fuelly can export all of your fuel-ups to a simple CSV text file. The columns included are vehicle name, model, mpg, odometer, miles, gallons, price, fuelup date, date added, tags, and notes. You can find a link to the export page on your vehicle profile under Recent Fuel-ups. Look for the blue disk icon.

You can also find a link to export at the bottom of the View All Fuel-ups page for your vehicle.

Reactions: hlb3

·
Registered
290 Posts
How do I export my fuel-up data?

Fuelly can export all of your fuel-ups to a simple CSV text file. The columns included are vehicle name, model, mpg, odometer, miles, gallons, price, fuelup date, date added, tags, and notes. You can find a link to the export page on your vehicle profile under Recent Fuel-ups. Look for the blue disk icon.

You can also find a link to export at the bottom of the View All Fuel-ups page for your vehicle.
Yep, very handy feature.

I record brand, octane, and computer MPG in the "tag" field separated by a unique character like the pipe | and then use that to split that field into three more data fields after pulling it into Excel.

"Shell|87|34.1" in Fuelly becomes three separate fields after using "Text to Columns" under the Data tab in Excel (delimited data, next, other: |, finish).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ah, well, mine does not have a golden badge, and it says I am over the limit with just the fully thing when I use the regular badge feature.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts