Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how many people on this forum chose the Turbo version of the Soul? I had messaged one of the forum moderators about adding a section just for the Turbo and he replied that its still to new and there are not that many on the forum yet. But that the Turbo could get its own section in the future. :joyous:

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
I'm curious how you would find that out. It's not really that "new."

Maybe setting up a Poll might be better as every turbo owner leaving a post saying I have one might be different?

I wonder if you can contact Kia to see what the take-rate is on turbo Souls. I haven't ever seen a breakdown on trim lines.

Best of luck on your information/validation research :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm curious how you would find that out. It's not really that "new."

Maybe setting up a Poll might be better as every turbo owner leaving a post saying I have one might be different?

I wonder if you can contact Kia to see what the take-rate is on turbo Souls. I haven't ever seen a breakdown on trim lines.

Best of luck on your information/validation research :)
I was initially just trying to find out how many Turbo owners are on this forum. :)

·
Registered
14,734 Posts
my local dealer said that from when the turbo first came out in 2017 till the end of the 2019 model year (no turbo for 2020 in Canada) he only sold one unit.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my local dealer said that from when the turbo first came out in 2017 till the end of the 2019 model year (no turbo for 2020 in Canada) he only sold one unit.
Wow...that is crazy...Of course its not like people are going to think about the Soul when thinking of a performance vehicle....Like I mentioned earlier, Im just trying to find out how many are on this forum. :)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Gen 3 here.

And as aside,I would be down for a Turbo section.
I would love to see some form of aftermarket support,both driveline,and chasis information shared or discovered etc.

·
Registered
119 Posts
2019 Turbo here. Sadly no Gen 3 Turbos for anyone in Canada.
sucks for Canadians, but also means there's no reason for me to trade up.

side note: just the other day, parked right next to another SX. no Tech/moonroof, but it did come in a really cool two colour red/white trim. i see a lot of Souls on the road in the Lower Mainland, though curiously this was the first SX. still haven't seen a Gen 3 of any variety.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Ordered an intake for my 2020 today from SXTH,said it should fit,and if not,will refund full money and shipping.Let the fun begin!!

What if anything has anyone done to gain a little more from their 1.6T?

Inquiring minds need info!

·
Registered
296 Posts
I "hate" my Dealer. Tempting me into changing, that they took inside a 2019 (same as mine) and put it next to a 2020.
20190619_150433_1561081366247.jpg
(Both are Turbos)

But I'm not an impulsive buyer. They can wait a couple of years more after I paid mine.

Ps. Not hate as bad hate. They have a excellent service and great maintenance team, they took care of my 2011 and now the 2019 one.

·
Registered
61 Posts
K&A CAI. More noise, not sure about performance increase. Sounds cool for a while, now it's starting to get annoying.
Only problem is that it's 1.6L, and not that much boost. It does not seem to have enough tweak-ability from what I see, and the max power can't be that much.
My Mazdaspeed 3 has lots of potential, and the limit is just $ now. KIA's don't have the tuner market to build parts (thinking higher pressure boost would require new intake, and way more ECU changes).

·
Registered
194 Posts
They should have used the much more capable 2.0. They've pretty much maxed out the 1.6 so going further is just dangerous.
Also the ten year warranty keeps a lot of people from doing mods.

·
Registered
183 Posts
There's quite a bit you can do to the 1.6, take a look at what the Veloster people have done.
I have a piggyback ecu to put on it already, haven't gotten around to changing the plugs and putting the catch cans on yet though. Should put it somewhere near 240-250 ish hp.

·
Registered
393 Posts
There's quite a bit you can do to the 1.6, take a look at what the Veloster people have done.
I have a piggyback ecu to put on it already, haven't gotten around to changing the plugs and putting the catch cans on yet though. Should put it somewhere near 240-250 ish hp.
Really would like to hear your opinion/results once you do.

It does seem to be a very limited support network,but with some that are willing,things can and do change.

Definately not afraid to play/mod my toys.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes! I would also love to hear about someone doing some mods. My Mazdaspeed was CAI/Cat backExhaust/More exhaust (turbo inlet)/Fuel Pump/Computer. That was maxed out before a clutch was needed and to me it was too much lost reliability after that. Even with that the improvements were incredible, and all those changes were doable for a mediocre handyman like me.
I have been poking around in some Veloster forums, and there is more, but I've not come across simple mods like my Mazda (most seem to be custom one offs). The CAI intake was decent, but it's way more noise than I was expecting.
Can the Soul take more boost before blowing up? Some cars can take more, others seem to be limited due to design (the intake header seems very weak).

1 - 20 of 38 Posts