Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Soul + 6sp manual with cruise control. I wasn't sure if this was a common or more rare animal to have.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
It's fairly rare. I have a 2013 6 speed manual with cruise, but I added it with the steering wheel (I have a base model). If you have a plus with 6 speed manual it's definitely much more rare. Most manuals are going to be base models like mine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks jdmartin. I was wondering when we went to see it how unusual it was to get a PLUS with leather steering wheel, better stereo with Sirius, cruise control, bluetooth, alloy wheels and I forget what other tidbits were different in the + model.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Thanks jdmartin. I was wondering when we went to see it how unusual it was to get a PLUS with leather steering wheel, better stereo with Sirius, cruise control, bluetooth, alloy wheels and I forget what other tidbits were different in the + model.
Sirius & bluetooth aren't unique to that; I have them on my base model, and it was as stripped as you could buy one (I bought it new). Alloy wheels and leather are an upgrade, as bases have plastic hub caps and rubber foam steering wheels. Cruise is part of the steering wheel switch, so that's easily added to a base model BUT the cruise light won't be on if it's added to a base model manual, whereas you should have the word "cruise" in your dash when you put cruise on (cruise is included in base model automatics). Some other things you should have: body colored mirrors, "Soul" embroidery in your seats, lighted mirror in the passenger & driver visors, and a couple other minor things (radio tweeters is one).

These cars were pretty well optioned from the bottom, with the biggest difference from base to top being some appearance stuff like wheels, colors, etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay thanks. I do indeed have SOUL on the seats, rear view mirrors and the body colored mirrors. I didn't realize that was also unique to the + so thanks for that info.

Is the base also available in a 2.0 liter or is that unique to the + or above model? I just knew this had more giddy-up than the 1.6 and that was a huge appeal.

·
Registered
2012+ 2.0L W/Manual trans.
654 Posts
I have a 2012 Soul+ 6 speed manual. No cruise control.
I think 2012 & 2013 were the only years they paired the 2.0L (164 HP) motor with a manual trans.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah okay. I just knew it wasn't 164hp and was surprised they'd go down instead of up or at least stay the same

1 - 9 of 9 Posts