Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
View attachment 135506

My best so far with my 2020 GT line Turbo is 133 mph. I know they're supposed to be governed at 128 but I know what this speedometer said and here's the picture of it. Long straight stretch in north Texas with nobody around for hundreds of miles. Someday I may try it again but I think I'm done & happy with that.
Should've rolled down the windows to blow the dust off the steering column. 🤪

·
Registered
401 Posts
View attachment 135506

My best so far with my 2020 GT line Turbo is 133 mph. I know they're supposed to be governed at 128 but I know what this speedometer said and here's the picture of it. Long straight stretch in north Texas with nobody around for hundreds of miles. Someday I may try it again but I think I'm done & happy with that.
That is interesting. Any car I have ever had with a Gov did indeed cut out at that speed on the speedo. Pretty sure I will never find out on the soul...

·
Registered
159 Posts
View attachment 135506

Can you imagine the boom it would make to have the engine blow at that speed😂

·
Registered
12 Posts
You all need an area like the Extraterrestrial highway.

Still need to be careful of open range cattle and sudden crosswinds!

View attachment 135369
Lived in Nevada 29-years. A nice run is the ~90-mile "Pony Express" on Highway 305 From Battle Mountain to Austin, Nevada. Did that in well under an hour, (with the wifey cranking a bit), in the "Big Red Dog", a 1994 Cadillac Concurs. Leaving Las Vegas, passed a Sheriff, (that was the third car in a "slow group"), leaving Beatty, NV "well into in the triples" on that long sweeping left-hand curve. Thankfully, he was preoccupied with a prisoner in the back seat and didn't get much of a look at me at that parting velocity, (granted, not many other Red Caddy's for the next few hundred miles or so). Also ran it up to the limiter at 129 mph for about 20-miles up north on a very straight/narrow/smooth two lane, tightly-bounded by wire fences and an occasional farm field opening. Like Commander Cody sang "...the telephone poles looked like a picket fence..." . Not that much fun due to quasi-tunnel vision settling in. But, Long Live the Big Red Dog!

The "Blue Mouse Car", has about 4,500 miles on it, so maybe its ready for a scoot-session, (after I check those slippery front tires...).

Reactions: Narsil and RevScott

·
Registered
2020 Soul GT Line Turbo, Neptune Blue
85 Posts
...Like Commander Cody sang "...the telephone poles looked like a picket fence..."
Yes, but did the lines on the road just look like dots?

Reactions: JohnLH

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
WOW! I'd love to see that on my Soul LX. But alas, I probably won't find a piece of road long enough.
So I'll just have to settle for the 120 I've already got. That's OK!
On a trip down I75, I can jump up to 110 real quick, to get a better position in traffic. And then quickly drop back to 75 to fall in line with exiting traffic. My little Soul takes it all in stride. She's really good about that.

Seasons Greetings!

FLH :cool:

·
Registered
204 Posts
And can you upgrade to wide wheels and tires from a dragster? :LOL:
Hey, The Civic Type-R has 300HP. Just have an AWD option... A WRX contender that actually looks good. LOL! I'd buy one! Plus, the 2.5L has MPI & GDI... I guess it combats the GDI issue of carbon on backs of the intake valves.. I've been trying to read all about that engine that's going into the new Stingers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've seen the posts on websites that say they are limited to 128. But I know for a fact they go faster. I hit 138 and it stopped there. Probably had another 5-10 mph in her. Have also seen various screenshots of people hitting 133, 137, 135, etc. in unmodded 2020 turbos. The 128 mph limited speed probably has more to do with regulations than actual performance capabilities. Kinda like the 276hp limit on JDM sports cars.

·
Registered
9 Posts
TireRack shows the EX and GT-Line Turbo with "V" rated tires. The LX has "H." Tires with the higher speed rating generate less heat and tend to be stiffer. "H" are rated to 130 mph while "V" are rated to 149.
I'll have to check on my tires next time I go out. I do know mine came with Goodyear Eagle Touring tires from the dealership. I'll get back on what the tire says for speed rating.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'll have to check on my tires next time I go out. I do know mine came with Goodyear Eagle Touring tires from the dealership. I'll get back on what the tire says for speed rating.
The tires are v rated, I believe that is good for 149.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I would like to see the 245hp engine from the Hyundai Veloster in the soul.

101 - 114 of 114 Posts