Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul LX Manual
21 Posts
I had mine up 100 MPH recently when someone didn't want to let me pass on a 2 lane road. It was rock solid at that speed and still accelerating well. It also decelerated like I'd put out a speed brake when I let up on the gas so drag was a big thing at that speed.

·
Registered
348 Posts
If I can get a string of dumb a$$es cruising at 80 - 90 in front of me..I will fall in behind and hide...tuck and roll.
If not I go about five over or with the flow. It is very stable at 85.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Really? That's sick! And, with a speedometer that goes up to 160.

:cool:

·
Registered
348 Posts
I know my 2020 turbo is limited to 138.....just saying. It is capable more, but the computer limits it there.
Actually Higher top speed than I would have expected. My Altima's with the VQ are Gov at 130....And capable of much faster. My 04 GTO was 159. Had and 89 240SX Limit 115

·
Registered
867 Posts
Extraterrestrial Highway ground photos
Open range 110 miles. :whistle:

There is, or was, a section of road between here and the Grand Canyon, I'm thinking I 40 . I was on my 85 Yamaha Maxim and saw the sign, next services 100 miles. I filled my tank, and decided to try and do it in 1 hour.
80 miles later I hit reserve and decided to slow down to 80 MPH so as not to worry so much about pushing a 500 pound bike plus luggage along the shoulder. :LOL:

·
Registered
2020 GT-Line Turbo Cherry Black
113 Posts
133 on a nice straight stretch with nobody around. Redback (my car's name) was still gaining speed, but I finally just ran out of road. '20 Turbo.

I was holding the transmission 5k & 6.2 k rpm to max the hp. Mostly this was between 5th & 6th gear.
A long time ago in a galaxy far far away when I was a much younger man I used to race on a track. I never took the car to red line but I got close a few times. The fact I still had RPMs to go, the turbo wasn't completely wound, and the torque was still at the high end says to me there was a long ways to go yet for this little engine. Never did get close to hurting it.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Open range 110 miles. :whistle:

There is, or was, a section of road between here and the Grand Canyon, I'm thinking I 40 . I was on my 85 Yamaha Maxim and saw the sign, next services 100 miles. I filled my tank, and decided to try and do it in 1 hour.
80 miles later I hit reserve and decided to slow down to 80 MPH so as not to worry so much about pushing a 500 pound bike plus luggage along the shoulder. :LOL:
Kingman to Seligman is 72 miles...87 via Route 66 & Peach Springs.
Another 30 miles to Williams (fuel prices higher due to city tourism taxes), gateway to the Grand Canyon.
On a M/C you likely took Route 66.
The Hualapai now have a Union 76 station next to their market in Peach Springs.

It was between Kingman and Seligman on I40 that I gave fuel to a couple from Italy on a M/C with an empty tank...many moons ago.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Open range 110 miles.
I've seen cattle cross the Extraterrestrial Highway, but north of Rachel, there are few bushes to obscure seeing them.
Heading north, Ash Springs is last fuel.
Rachel has none
Warm Springs is a ghost town
So, 154 miles, which is pushing it for many M/C.
I carried extra fuel on Triumph, Honda and Can Am Ryker, but not the MotoGuzzi (5.8 gallon tank).

Most folks think of Nevada ("snow capped" in Spanish) as a desert, but it is one of the most mountainous states in the US.

·
Registered
2020 GT-Line Turbo Cherry Black
113 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
View attachment 135380 133 on a nice straight stretch with nobody around. Redback (my car's name) was still gaining speed, but I finally just ran out of road. '20 Turbo.

I was holding the transmission 5k & 6.2 k rpm to max the hp. Mostly this was between 5th & 6th gear.
A long time ago in a galaxy far far away when I was a much younger man I used to race on a track. I never took the car to red line but I got close a few times. The fact I still had RPMs to go, the turbo wasn't completely wound, and the torque was still at the high end says to me there was a long ways to go yet for this little engine. Never did get close to hurting it.
Is this the current soul you have now? I was told they were electronically govern to 128, but 133 sounds good, they are more aerodynamic now, as one can be. So you think it had more to give? Also, let me know about the empty web for the hood, I showed your car to the guys at the car wash and they said it was sick (but that’s not bad like it would be in the 70’s) sick is today what sweet was back a while and cool was even further back. Now it can even be a “candy car” or that car is “fire”. Anyway they thought the we would look good!
take a picture of the blank hood and use an iPad or iPhone to draw it and see how it looks. You also have a happy thanksgivin!

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
There you have it.....God has spoken!

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Speaking of running out of road, that happened to me.

To go any further (Cuba, 90 miles) I would have needed pontoons, and an outboard motor.
Love the pic's of the bikes, guys!
Keep'em coming.
:cool:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Have not checked to see what the speed rating is on the current itre offerings,but typically speed is governed accordingly.
TireRack shows the EX and GT-Line Turbo with "V" rated tires. The LX has "H." Tires with the higher speed rating generate less heat and tend to be stiffer. "H" are rated to 130 mph while "V" are rated to 149.

·
Registered
348 Posts
There you have it.....God has spoken!
Actually he has:
C/D
TEST RESULTS

Zero to 60 mph: 6.4 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 17.0 sec
Rolling start, 5–60 mph: 6.9 sec
Top gear, 30–50 mph: 3.5 sec
Top gear, 50–70 mph: 4.5 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 15.0 sec @ 95 mph
Top speed (governor limited): 128 mph
Braking, 70–0 mph: 172 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.85 g

·
Registered
33 Posts
C/D
TEST RESULTS

Zero to 60 mph: 6.4 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 17.0 sec
Rolling start, 5–60 mph: 6.9 sec
Make me smart. Why does it take longer to go from 5 mph to 60 than it does from Zero?

Also, which engine did they use for tests and in what mode?

Inquiring minds want to know. :)

61 - 80 of 92 Posts