Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Well, that's certainly disappointing!

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Wow, yous guys are the life of the party.....NOT!
What do you do for fun?

·
Registered
2020 Soul GT Line Turbo, Neptune Blue
76 Posts
I don't know it's max speed but my 2020 Turbo does 95 as easily as 55, and still has pop when you floor it. Only done that once or twice in the 10k miles I've had it, though. I usually just set the cruise control at the speed limit and stew.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Sounds like you're using a race car for a grocery getter. A real waste of a great little Turbo Car.

Happy trails,
FLH :cool:

·
Registered
138 Posts
2018 Mil Edition. I figure I could get to 130, but it's got to be in 5th, that or where I was had a really badass head wind. There are a couple of places in eastern washington where you could let her fly......

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
WOW! Aren't you afraid of getting run'd over?
On my trip into Ocala, on I-75 yesterday, the left lane was moving at 80 to 90 mph. And the Rt lane (slowest lane) was doing 70+. It probably wouldn't take a mental genius to figure out that I stayed in the FAST Lane. Eh?
It was a FAST road! But even when I was doing 80+ in the fast lane, I had cars, pickup trucks and vans, passing me on the right. I won't even mention the little ol' lady in the VW Bug. :ROFLMAO:

Hang in there "Old Soul", you'll get there eventually!

·
Registered
2020 White EX Soul With Designer Package
109 Posts
I'm 70 yrs old and retired. Why do I need to go fast? I'm not in a hurry to go anywhere. But I stay in the right lane and will speed up for trucks trying to make the hills.

·
Registered
131 Posts
WOW! Aren't you afraid of getting run'd over?
On my trip into Ocala, on I-75 yesterday, the left lane was moving at 80 to 90 mph. And the Rt lane (slowest lane) was doing 70+. It probably wouldn't take a mental genius to figure out that I stayed in the FAST Lane. Eh?
It was a FAST road! But even when I was doing 80+ in the fast lane, I had cars, pickup trucks and vans, passing me on the right. I won't even mention the little ol' lady in the VW Bug. :ROFLMAO:

Hang in there "Old Soul", you'll get there eventually!

View attachment 135270
Enjoy your life and have fun with your soul. In more ways than one. BTW, it’s your soul anyway!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm 70 yrs old and retired. Why do I need to go fast? I'm not in a hurry to go anywhere. But I stay in the right lane and will speed up for trucks trying to make the hills.
Does the ex come with smart cruise control?

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Old Soul, when you were born I already had my first bicycle and was GONE! Mom knew I'd be home for supper, otherwise she had no clue where I was. :ROFLMAO:

I'm 77 on the outside, but still a 20 something gearhead on the inside. I love speed, and road racing.
Too bad we don't have a good Road Race track around here.
When in Germany, I used to race on Nürburgring. (a world famous road race track) The last time I was there, in 1964, I got to meet and shake hands with Carol Shelby.

Y'all take it nice and easy now, Y'hear? I'd still like to meet you for coffee someday.
Cheers Mate!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don't "need to go fast" either, but knowing that when I am merging or entering traffic I can get up to speed quickly sure is a good feeling.

On a serious note, I wonder what is the top "safe" speed for the Soul's aerodynamics?

I've had a car that became "light" at 80 MPH (legal speed in some areas) and slight dips or rises in the roadway gave an obvious slight loss of control. At 85, it might have been an accident waiting to happen. I've also driven a car that at around 80 the aerodynamics would push the car downward and you could feel the change in the steering which gave a much safer feeling of control.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I only do 55 on the little two-lane county roads. But out on the BIG ROAD,( like I-75) driving 55 is a death sentence.
The safest speed, most of the time, is to just keep up with traffic. It's what I try to do. People who drive either faster or slower than the flow, are what cause accidents, and also get the attention of the popo.

Cheers Mate!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Freeways here, if traffic is flowing free, speeds are usually running 80+.
MPH, not KPH.

CHP might roll up next to you with a stink eye, but if you are not driving stupid, like changing lanes and cutting in and out a lot, they are less likely to stop you. They would be happy to intercept that meathead in a Lambo doing that.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
The only car that has ever given me grief on I-75 is a bright orange Lambo.
The last time he passed me, he was going so fast that he caused my car to swerve from the air blast.
:cool:

41 - 60 of 92 Posts