Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got myself a Soul EV, and you can't get this with the Infinity speakers. So I have been thinking about setting up a set of JL Audio C2-650 speakers and a amplifyer placed in the back. But how do I access the head unit, I can't see a single good way of getting it of. Anyone with a link or video, or atleast a explation on how to get it of?

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
hard to say as you are first on this forum to have purchased a Soul EV, they are just starting to be available at selected dealers in North America.
If its like the older models the surround just snaps on so you have to pry around edges to lift it (use a tool that doesn't mark it), but as its a totally new model we can't say this for sure. Check with your dealer, they may have a schematic on its breakdown.

Please fill out your DRIVE details for future posting - thanks. You should also introduce yourself on the new members section. I'm sure with this exclusive vehicle many people might be interested in your feedback.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will update my profile soon, was not aware of the introduction part. Fare as I know the head unit on my Ev is the exact same as the standard fossil fuel car, they sure look identical atleast

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Introduction posted :)

But back to the head unit, attached is a picture of the head unit and the colum around it. Any advice on getting this of?

2015-kia-soul-ev-electric-vehicle-1.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Noone with any advice on removing or accessing the head unit?

Second question, does anyone know where the amplifier is located on a standard Soul with infinity speakers?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts