Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

How do we become a supporting vendor?

13K views 34 replies 16 participants last post by  team haymaker 
#1 ·
I would love to become a supporting vendor of this site. How do I do that? Is there a section of the site that I am missing? I can't seem to find the supporting vendor information.

Thanks!

#3 ·
Thank you!

The reason for this post is because I received contact from another forum moderator about becoming a site sponsor and I just wanted everyone to know that we are very interested.

We have a lot of products that we have worked on for the Soul and we are keen on being able to discuss them!

Thanks again!

#5 ·
Hey Guys,

Just touching bases! I have emailed the admin but haven't heard back yet. Our Kia is over at Eibach right now being tested for lowering springs and I'd love to be able to talk about it more with your community.

We really want to sponsor this site but we can't seem to for some reason?

#6 ·
I've noticed a bit of slow movement here lately as well - hang tight, and hopefully our mod's will poke the admin with a stick. I, for one, am looking forward to your discussions!

#10 ·
Hey Kyle, glad you're here....

Here's my 2 bits...

Maybe you can make lower springs, than the 1-1/4" that H&R has. Although, theirs are excellent. Their progressive rate has the perfect resilience. Also, need to be less stiff as the stockers are waaaay to stiff. Suspension geometry can be stiffened with front and rear sway bars as well as front strut brace . Just my humble opinion.

#11 ·
I really wish we could sponsor this site but no...no one has told me yet how I can sponsor the site!!! I'll even send money to the moderator's and they can split it up between themselves if that's what it takes LMAO!!!

I really wish I could talk about the amazing low prices on the Eibach springs that we are currently offering or our 6 days of one day only sales that are currently going on right now.

We also have the strut tower brace and a few other goodies in the works but again...I can't talk about any of this stuff without being able to sponsor the site.

Moderator's, I really want to sponsor you guys! If we're not welcome just let me know and I'll go elsewhere, if you are interested in having more sponsors please let me know how this process works. I have not been able to get a hold of anyone on the steps necessary to make it work!!!

#14 ·
Nobozos -
Can we get Moderator approval for Stillen to talk about their products (especially during this sale pricing season!) on a temporary basis, until himi gets in touch? I think it's a bit sad that Kyle has been waiting so long to get himself in place, and that they have legitimate products that should be listed here.

If himi can't get on this right now for whatever reason, at least let Kyle set up temporary shop until it can be accomplished. Driving sponsors away because of lack of response is a terrible practice - especially a reputable one with products that I, for one, want to know more about!

I'd suggest the forum mod's do whatever they can to support that end until the Admin can get on it finally.

Thanks!

#19 ·
I got an idea! Kyle, start talking about your products. The admin seems to fly out of the wood work as soon as someone does that. Then when you have the attention of the admin we could all politely ask for your acceptance as a forum sponsor. Will that be an issue with the mods?
I am not attempting to start a revolution here but the community has been great. We all self police well and it has been a super informative and supportive space for all. I would hate to see this turn around because we started pushing people away. Here we have a vendor who is very interested in adding to the discussion and who has taken the time to respectfully follow the rules. This is the type of person we NEED to have around if we expect to say on track and grow.

#21 ·
Thank you all so much for your support! It is awesome to see the level of interest and we are excited to be here!

The good news is that Himi has gotten back to me and the ball is rolling for STILLEN to become a sponsor. I let him know that we will be out of the office until next Monday but the sponsorship prices are very reasonable here and we would like to become a supporting vendor!

So, I hope that I am able to list some of our specials now that the sponsorship side is close to being worked out?

Check out our website home page www.stillen.com for information on the great pricing we have going on currently.

Thanks again!

#26 ·
question on the strut tower? How is that bolted in there since it is relying on just the sheet metal up there for the strength? Since the struts are held in there with one bolt. Seems to me since there is no major mounting point that it would cause some metal fatigue? Are you using a bottom plate with it? Since most upper strut bars actually use the strut bolts to hold it on, there fore making the mounting point a very strong point.

#27 · (Edited)
Strut tower braces don't stiffen the struts themselves. They stiffen the strut towers which are the strut mounting locations. Strut tower braces are stiffening the chassis, not the struts. The only reason that most companies utilize the strut bolts (usually three or four bolts/studs) is because it's convenient. They are there, they will stiffen the chassis from that location, and they allow for an easy installation.

Unfortunately, the Kia Soul strut tower brace that we designed, does require drilling two additional holes on each side into the strut tower because there are no unused mounting holes in that location. So, we have to make them in the chassis in order to stiffen everything up.

We actually made two additional holes and went around the strut in a crescent shape so that we could get the strength out of the design. There was no way we would let this go out with just one bolt or insufficient mounting.

As far as metal fatigue. There is absolutely no concern about that at all. The strut towers are very strong sections of any car and can easily withstand a couple of holes in there which are then being reinforced with the stiffness of the bar.

I hope I understood your question correctly?

#30 ·
Yeah you are correct that they use it for ease of installation but that the same time. The bolts they are using are the bolts that hold the strut in. Basically having a bottom plate under the sheetmetal of the car. By you drilling new holes, you are relying on just the sheet metal to hold any flexing. Now you are correct for sure that the strut towers of the car are probably the strongest point of the car as for the sheetmetal goes.

Yes I do agree as well that trying to use the one bolt would not hold. When I was building my Soul for SEMA I looked at building a srtut bar for it as well. I just did not like the idea of it not having a bottom plate in the sheetmetal to actually give it more strength there.

The bar you guys made looks awesome and looks like you did you homework on it as well. Great job there. Not knocking it at all. Just wanted some clarification on how you mounted it.

#33 ·
kyle,

now that the sponsor issue had been settled, could you post your SOUL with EIBACH lowering springs in it? well, H&R has with some selection of 'em but have not seen the actual with the SOUL... im quite interested though im in asia....so hope to see some COOL LOW SOUL!!!

more luck!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.