Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2011 Soul from a “non-Kia” dealer. How do I tell if it is a Plus or a Sport? Dealer’s paperwork says it’s a Sport but online VIN checker says it’s a Plus. The CARFAX report lists all trims. Unfortunately when I bought it, I wasn’t familiar with the Sport trim. I only knew the Base, Plus, and Exclaim.

I think it is a Plus, from what I see online. Are there obvious “physical” differences that might help me tell? I’m wondering if I paid for a Sport, when it is a Plus. …and if it makes any difference for the insurance.

Mine does not have a rear spoiler. It has gray/black seats with “Soul” written many times across the top. It has 16” wheels…. Interior is gray and black. Automatic transmission.

No matter what trim, I do love the Soul so far!

(I am in the U.S.)

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
The United States is a HUGE place, including Alaska and Hawaii. Could you please state your State and maybe even your city, if you're not ashamed of it.
I don't state my own city, because I don't live in a city. I live out in the country, 20 miles from the closest town. So I just say Central FL.

Details about your Soul are greatly appreciated too, because it makes it easier to talk to you, knowing what car you're actually driving.

I hope you enjoy your five year old Soul. Many advances have been made since that car was made.

Cheers Mate!
TM :cool:

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
Sport = red/black interior.

model from the VIN number does not mean too much its just a generalization and the people that use it like CarFax or insurance companies do not provide accurate information from it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts