Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Inferno Soull EX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for anyone whose gotten down and dirty with custom finishes on interior accents. I have some ideas of what I want to do to mine once I get my lighting upgrade done. I’m also thinking about custom LEDs in the interior.
im just looking around for anyone whose gotten deep into taking their 3 apart.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Duh, I went to Walmart and bought plug in LED bulbs for my interior lights and my lic. plate light.
Then I built a custom center arm rest and a padded arm rest for my drivers side door.
And a padded steering wheel cover. I likes me comfort!

I suppose that someone will criticize my choice of fur, but it really is NICE.

That center arm rest is wide enough for me and a passenger. Comfy!
And that Seat Belt Extender, makes buckling up a real "Snap".
If I don't want to buckle up, the extender fakes out the system and it thinks the seat belt is fastened, so I don't hear those annoying bells and whistles.
With limited funds, that's about as far as I'm going on the interior.

I did just put a new set of shoes on my little girl. She loves them, and so do I.

Cheers mate!
FLH :cool:

·
Registered
21 Inferno Soull EX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Duh, I went to Walmart and bought plug in LED bulbs for my interior lights and my lic. plate light.
Then I built a custom center arm rest and a padded arm rest for my drivers side door.
And a padded steering wheel cover. I likes me comfort!
View attachment 136763

View attachment 136764

I suppose that someone will criticize my choice of fur, but it really is NICE.

That center arm rest is wide enough for me and a passenger. Comfy!
And that Seat Belt Extender, makes buckling up a real "Snap".
If I don't want to buckle up, the extender fakes out the system and it thinks the seat belt is fastened, so I don't hear those annoying bells and whistles.
With limited funds, that's about as far as I'm going on the interior.

I did just put a new set of shoes on my little girl. She loves them, and so do I.

Cheers mate!
Like the fur, looks comfy for sure!

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Oh, I forgot the pic of the steering wheel cover. (Pep Boys, $19.95)

Keeps the wheel cool in the summer and warmer to the touch in the winter. And, it's washable.
The older I get, that more I like my creature comforts. :)

:cool:

·
Registered
2021 Kia Soul EX undercover green w/ grey interior
10 Posts
I installed custom laser measured all weather floor mats 🤣🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Yikes!
Years ago, when I needed something to protect my car's carpet, I picked up some Carpet Samples, and cut them to fit in the driver's side, to protect the original carpeting. When they would get dirty beyond being cleanable, I'd just toss them and make a new one. Cheap and dirty, but washable, and I could pick the color and texture.
The TV ads for Weather Tech are sure interesting, but the price is just way out of reach, for me anyway.
So far, I'm getting along just fine with the removable floor mat supplied by KIA. When it gets full of sand, leaves and the like, I just pop it out, give it a good shake, and then take it in the house and work it over with my Hoover Upright. Works great!

Happy Motoring, Mates!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just received mine on Sunday!

I was about to go with Weather Tech, but I saw that Smartliner had some available on Amazon with Prime shipping ($130 for both rows). Installed those yesterday was so happy with them that I ordered the matching cargo liner.

Apart from that I've hard wired in a dashcam (Nextbase 622GW) 📹

·
Registered
2020 GT-White
61 Posts
Just received mine on Sunday!

I was about to go with Weather Tech, but I saw that Smartliner had some available on Amazon with Prime shipping ($130 for both rows). Installed those yesterday was so happy with them that I ordered the matching cargo liner.

Apart from that I've hard wired in a dashcam (Nextbase 622GW) 📹
I love the smartliners.....I will never buy Weather Tech again

·
Registered
185 Posts
I’m looking for anyone whose gotten down and dirty with custom finishes on interior accents. I have some ideas of what I want to do to mine once I get my lighting upgrade done. I’m also thinking about custom LEDs in the interior.
im just looking around for anyone whose gotten deep into taking their 3 apart.
Katskin

·
Registered
2020 Soul GT-Line, 2010 Soul Sport
55 Posts
Updates done so far

Weathertech liners for front, back, and trunk.
Added LX package tray to bottom position, and put movable tray in top position to create an 8" covered storage area.
Tinted front windows equal to rear
OEM splash guards
LED headlight, marker light, fog, reverse and license plate light.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts