Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how can you tell if the mileage is not correct? I just purchased a kia from a reputable dealership. The car had 23k miles on it, the tires were not the original..they are Cooper tires ...this threw up a flag but...any way to tell if the mileage has been tampered with? I know the odometer could be correct by a tool called DP3 Digiprog3 Odometer Correction

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
my Peugeot GT went thru front tyres every 9,000 miles and my Fiat went thru a pair in 12,000 miles.... add in a front to rear rotation and that would explain it. (its really hilly where i live and its really hard on tyres).

Having said all that, my Soul diesels front tyres lasted 27k.... so you are right to be worried.

My car has 32k on it, but the speedo was replaced at 25k so its only showing 7k!.... have a look in the service book for a speedo replacement.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Hey tempest, why did your speedo get replaced at 25k?

Is this the one you went with?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Maybe the previous owner disabled the speedo for a while, to get more money on a resale. I don't know how easy it is to do a the Soul. Some cars it is as easy as pulling a fuse. Maybe the PO didn't like the stock tires and replaced them for that reason or they wanted a different size wheel.
Why did you get a new speedo Tempest? LOL I bet he went with the pink one!

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
I had to replace tires at 6k there was home construction and they had debris EVERYWHERE and I kept getting punctures.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Autoguide

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
how can you tell if the mileage is not correct? I just purchased a kia from a reputable dealership. The car had 23k miles on it, the tires were not the original..they are Cooper tires ...this threw up a flag but...any way to tell if the mileage has been tampered with? I know the odometer could be correct by a tool called DP3 Digiprog3 Odometer Correction
In the USA you can order a Carfax or AutoCheck or other vehicle history report that shows the mileage at the time the vehicle is first registered and each time thereafter when another reported event occurs - like additional registrations, servicing, accidents.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts