Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone out there tell me how to find out if my 2011 Soul Plus has a cabin air filter without taking the glove box out?

Thanks,
Patrick

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
if it has a/c it has a cabin filter which all models have in the US. Did you just buy the vehicle? It should be checked at least once a year and replaced if required, more so if in dusty conditions. Doesn't take long to remove the glove box, about 8 screws.

·
Registered
564 Posts
All Soul's have them trust me it's there. If you have over 10K it will be VERY dirty!!

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
If you have a Glove Box Light, be careful when you pull out the glove box, you must unplug the light before you take the box all the way out, or just rip out the wiring.

On the video, they show having to sort of twist the filter to get it out and also when putting the new filter in. Sorry, that's the way it works!!!

However, you can get much improved filtration and odor control if you'll just buy the FRAM Fresh Breeze Cabin Air Filter. #CF-10776

Because I take my cabin air filter out and clean it, several times a year, I only put four screws back in the Glove Box when re-installing it. I put in the center screw, the two on the sides and just one at the bottom. Then once a year, I do replace the filter. I already have a new one for my next change.
It's a small thing to do, to keep your car smelling good, and if you have allergies, you need a really good filter to keep the dust and pollen out of your car.

Good Luck!

:cool:

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
I don't think a 2011 will have a glove-box light, I think that was added starting with 2012 models - but I could be wrong. :sneakiness:

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Mine doesn't have a glove box light (2011).

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Poor little guy!

:)

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
This looks like one of those anti-smoking, healthy lung, smoker's lung type photos, but this actually is the cabin filter out of a smoker's Soul..... but that's not his foot :distrust: Just another reminder why I've never smoked.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
There has to be a story there.....that you're not telling us! Eh?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts