Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019. I believe it is the + trim line, but I'm not sure how I would determine the difference between the + and ! lines. I have been unable to get Android Auto set up. The option does not appear on the LCD in the car under Options. Should I have this feature? (I bought this used, so I didn't set up the options at purchase time.) Steps I have take include downloading the Android Auto app and using a high quality USB data cable. When I connect the data cable to the phone and to the car's USB port, I get a connection error message on the LCD screen of the car. The phone asks if I want to use the device to transfer files. If I click no, the error message on the LCD screen goes away. I am able to connect with Bluetooth ok. The phone is a Nokia 6.1 running Android 10.

·
Registered
2019 Soul+ w/ Primo Package
145 Posts
Welcome to the forum! (y):)
If you have the 1.6L non-turbo motor, you have a base Soul. + is equipped with a 2.0L; and ! has a 1.6L turbo.
Apple CarPlay and Android Auto were available as optional features on the 2019 Soul Base. Both CP & AA came standard on the 2019 Soul+, Soul!, and Soul EV.
Go into the Setup screen, select Phone Projection (if equipped) and enable Android Auto. This setting is disabled when a USB device is connected.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think I have it. I is it possible to get this added in by the Kia dealer? It should just be a software upgrade, right?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Welcome to the forum! (y):)
If you have the 1.6L non-turbo motor, you have a base Soul. + is equipped with a 2.0L; and ! has a 1.6L turbo.
Apple CarPlay and Android Auto were available as optional features on the 2019 Soul Base. Both CP & AA came standard on the 2019 Soul+, Soul!, and Soul EV.
Go into the Setup screen, select Phone Projection (if equipped) and enable Android Auto. This setting is disabled when a USB device is connected.
I could've sworn that after 2017 or so, all Kias came equipped with Android Auto and Apple Carplay as standard? The way to tell if you have it is to download Android Auto, plug your phone into the USB port with an appropriate data cable (I say appropriate because if you use a gimpy one, you'll either not receive correct charging or the data won't transfer correctly).

·
Registered
2019 Soul+ w/ Primo Package
145 Posts
  • 5-inch audio system touchscreen with voice recognition and SIRI eyes free (Standard on Base)
  • UVO with 7-inch display (Standard on + and !. Available on Base)
  • UVO with 8-inch display (Available on + and !)
  • Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatibility (Standard on + and !. Available on Base)
In other words, you need to have the 7" option for a base model. AA is standard on + & !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts