Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

How annoying is the TPMS warning light?

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  tallngangly 
#1 ·
I'm looking at mounting winter tires on dedicated rims, and am considering leaving off the TPMS sensors. Does anybody have experience with exactly what type of warning light and/or sounds I will get, and whether they will be annoying enough to make me regret the decision? I can definitely live with a light, but don't want to get bombarded with buzzers, etc.

Please don't lecture me on the benefits or legalities of TPMS, I know what I am signing up for...

Thanks.

#8 ·
FWIW, I ordered a set of 195/65/15's on steel wheels from Tire Rack, and managed to get them to ship without TPMS by telling them they were going on a 2004 Mazda3 (same bolt pattern/offset/bore/etc.). Ordered on Saturday and got them on Tuesday...

Now I just need to stock up on electrical tape.

#11 ·
The Tire Rack steel wheels require "custom" TPMS sensors, so they don't let you check the "I will use my old TPMS sensors" box when buying the steel wheels with tires. They do offer that option for most alloys, which are supposed to be compatible with OEM sensors. BTW, they offer free mounting/balancing if you buy the wheels with tires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.