I have looked in my book and can't find how to get the Hours information
I thought I stumbled on it once when I was going thru the display options
But it's eluding me now, Help . . . .

Just interested in if I have more hours on the motor than the average Soul

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
that's only ET for a specific journey, not total hours on the engine, unless you never reset it since you first bought the car, but that won't work as it only goes to 99 hrs and 59 minutes.

page 4/68 in the US 2017 Owners manual

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that's only ET for a specific journey, not total hours on the engine, unless you never reset it since you first bought the car, but that won't work as it only goes to 99 hrs and 59 minutes.

page 4/68 in the US 2017 Owners manual
Thanks Greg, conwelpic . . . .

Seems like an time odometer might be as good as a mileage odometer

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,543 Posts
Soul Rush, I'm thinking engine hours might be available on the black box. You'd probably have to have someone with an expensive diagnostic computer (aka: $4,000 tablet these days) read it.

Might be worth a shot at your next service visit?

Reactions: Soul Rush

·
Registered
121 Posts
20190108_211633_800x600.jpg

^ accumulated baby Soul hours and mileage

thanks for the clarification @conwelpic

disappointed a permanent timer isn't readily available to the driver/owner. i was hoping that "Accumulated" really meant that.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
View attachment 118735

^ accumulated baby Soul hours and mileage

thanks for the clarification @conwelpic

disappointed a permanent timer isn't readily available to the driver/owner. i was hoping that "Accumulated" really meant that.
keep in mind the info I was giving was for the 2017 model of the original poster. The photo you just posted of that section of the Supervision cluster is not the same, as the "accumulated info" was not presented like that in previous models, certainly not on my 2016 SX with the Supervsion cluster, so this is an additional feature, so check your owners manual for details on it.

I can't see any purpose for a permanent engine timer on a vehicle, its not like a outboard motor, or tractor or a plane. All maintenance on our vehicles is based on time and distance, so it wouldn't provide any relevant info to the owner.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can't see any purpose for a permanent engine timer on a vehicle, its not like a outboard motor, or tractor or a plane. All maintenance on our vehicles is based on time and distance, so it wouldn't provide any relevant info to the owner.
For me it was just a curiosity factor
I use my Soul for business/office a lot
Leave it running for extended periods sometimes
Was just looking for a comparison between Soul owners :victorious:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts