Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering replacing my factory horn with either a HELLA Supertone or a HELLA Sharptone dual horn kit.

Does anyone have any experience with either of them?

Nothing is wrong with my factory horn, I just feel like it is lacking in the attention-getting department.

Supertone:

HELLA Supertone.jpg

Sharptone:

HELLA Sharptone.jpg

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've actually settled on the Bosch EC6 Horn seen in this video:

Not sure if I'm going to need to upgrade my horn relay though

·
Registered
2 Posts
If anyone is curious, I installed Hella Supertones in my car. It sounds great! Have to be warned though... They honk when you lock the car!

·
Registered
531 Posts
There is nothing wrong with the OEM horns. They are quite capable of inducing instant road rage whenever I have used them on offending drivers in traffic. :eek:nthego:

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,639 Posts
I am considering replacing my factory horn with either a HELLA Supertone or a HELLA Sharptone dual horn kit.

Does anyone have any experience with either of them?

Nothing is wrong with my factory horn, I just feel like it is lacking in the attention-getting department.

Supertone:

View attachment 112994

Sharptone:

View attachment 113002
OE horn sucks IMHO. I replaced the factory peeper in a previous Soul with an A-ooo-gah! (Dive! Dive!) horn.

This time around I'll probably go junkyarding, the stock Optima horn is pretty good.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,086 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hey, folks. It seems really difficult to remove the OEM horns. What needs to be removed to get to them?

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,639 Posts
Hey, folks. It seems really difficult to remove the OEM horns. What needs to be removed to get to them?
My previous ones were in front of the radiator. The top protective panel (or two) needs to be removed for the surgery. Other than that, it's plug-n-play if you get horns with friendly connectors (such as KIA parts). Otherwise probably a splice job.

Reactions: humanoid

·
Registered
238 Posts
After this weekend where I had no less than 6 people try to jump out in front of my Soul or cross the center line, I'm thinking I need something that will wake the dead. Keep in mind I have the bright red soul, and had my headlights and fog lights on during this, and it was a time period between 4:00 pm and 8:00 pm, so lots of nice sunlight.

I'm also considering wiring up some bright LED lights that will flash a couple of times when I hit the horn, specifically for those drivers that might be deaf (or that's the excuse I'm going to use). We did this decades ago on a friends car as kind o a joke, but it worked pretty well. Just trying to find something bright enough and small enough to go under the license plate on the two mounting points on my SSD light bar.

Back to the horns, anyone have pictures of how they mounted the horns? Kind of want them facing straight out for maximum loudness. Probably going to be one of the Hella horns.

·
Registered
2014 KIA SOUL Plus
156 Posts
Factory horn needs an upgrade. I used a powered relay triggered by the original horn. All 3 horns go off and it sounds like two cars honking at the same time. When the light turns green, I become a honky ****** and prefer not to wait for your angry bird game to end.
IMG_0715.JPG

·
Registered
2014 KIA SOUL Plus
156 Posts
I used two steel rods from the trash and fabricated a mounting bracket attached to the bumper. This places both horns right behind the grill. They are visible through the grill if you look at the right angle. Bumper cover removal is recommended.

·
Registered
✴️BING✴️ Toast's ready, pass the butter!
1,099 Posts
Factory horn needs an upgrade. I used a powered relay triggered by the original horn. All 3 horns go off and it sounds like two cars honking at the same time. When the light turns green, I become a honky ****** and prefer not to wait for your angry bird game to end.
View attachment 132222 View attachment 132222
I'm glad you're NOT behind me! ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts