Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hood Scoop? -photoshop concept pic-

Has anyone thought of adding a hood scoop?! Or is there someone out there who has added one? I have been kind'a wondering how a Subaru style scoop would look...thoughts, ideas...

-Emily Dickinson
A soul should always stand ajar,
ready to welcome the ecstatic experience.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
For the love of God ....why :confused:
That what my Girl, Jeri, said when I mentioned I found one & was thinking about it . . . .

Really wouldn't look right on my Titanium, But might on other Soul Versions !

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For the love of God ....why :confused:
Dont you be hitting me with them jedi mind tricks!...jus foolin, hey its just a ?, part of what these forums are for right?! I spend my free time wondering how something...like a scoop might look? Seems you are not into the idea thats cool Im on the fence...hope thats also cool by you! peace!!

-Walt Whitman
Whatever satisfies the soul is truth.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would love to put a hood scoop on my Soul. Only if it's like bolt on or something though. I wouldn't want to completely re-do the hood to do it. No sanding, no fiberglass work, no re-painting. But yeah it would be cool

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
That big flat panel on the Soul bonnet is crying out for a scoop.....seen one on Ebay a while back.

·
Registered
41 Posts
a hood scoop on our Kia Soul...man, humor has gone to an all time low. do we have Subaru performance on our cars? no. their hood scoops are functional. ours would be a waste. might as well go buy the fake Pep Boys stick on side vents and the hub cap spinners while you're at it. rediculous.

cggaratty.

·
Registered
9 Posts
a hood scoop on our Kia Soul...man, humor has gone to an all time low. do we have Subaru performance on our cars? no. their hood scoops are functional. ours would be a waste. might as well go buy the fake Pep Boys stick on side vents and the hub cap spinners while you're at it. rediculous.

cggaratty.
You got that right.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
cggaratty.
You got that right.
Alot of modifications/change's/add-on's are "Non-Functional"

Do you think spoilers are functional on our Soul's . . . . No.

What the difference in adding a spoiler vs hood scoop, answer, none.

And I love being ridiculous, so if I don't get a new 2012, I'm gonna add a scoop to my '10.
( my girlfreind literally hated this particular idea 2 yrs ago, but we broke up recently, so hood scoop here I come.....;) )

:D

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
You got that right.
No he didn't.......the term is ridiculous.

Just thought I'd save Straitjacket_Jimmy the trouble of telling you :p

The right scoop could work on a Soul. A Subaru WRX Sti type is way too over the top. Something more subtle could look ok as long as it is sympathetic to the car's design.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Make the scoop opening a mini-me of the grille shape and it could work. It appears to be a "shaker" design, which with a transverse engine would be more of a "rocker" :p

·
Registered
502 Posts
...or perhaps just a hood vent to benefit short ram intakes. but im not quite sure if it rains...:confused:

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
a scoop to mirror a squashed version of the Tusk nose would look good and would be easy to make..... its the attaching it that would be difficult....and whether it would be made useful by cutting holes in the bonnet.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts