Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Hamsters!

Here's the latest mod I've added to Otis.

YouTube - http://www.soulhamsters.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2304

Gone are the days of raising the hood manually and then supporting it with that stupid little rod. Prop rods are for Suckas'!

Eazy Peazey.

Note: This is version 1.0. I have not uploaded the vid from v2 yet. Strut action is smoother and more refined than in v1.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know it's a small mod, but I just love it! Really surprised the salesman at the dealership the other day! He thought it was a factory option and he wondered why he hadn't seen it listed or mounted on any other Souls on the lot. Silly salesman!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Nice.

Cool! I dislike prop rods too.

Now that we see that it works with video, how about some up close still pics (with better lighting so we can actually see it well). We'd like to copy you don't you see. ;):)

Thanks! :D

·
Registered
350 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My own garage-tinkered design. It's bolt-on for the early 2010 MY's, and will (so far) require 1 hole to be drilled to mount on the 2010.5's and 2011 MY's. Search SoulHamsters for the FS thread if you'd like.

Sláinte!
~Kelly
Denim SE - "Otis"
Beer. It's what's for dinner.

·
Registered
39 Posts
hi, I know this is an original old post for the hood prop rod mod, however, I have a 2011 Kia Soul +, early production 2011, I hate the oem prop rod as no matter what happens, even a new one rattles under the hood over every bump. Did i mention i hate it? Wondering if you are still selling your hydrolic hood prop kits? Would it fit mine? You can message me. Thanks :)

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,612 Posts
hi, I know this is an original old post for the hood prop rod mod, however, I have a 2011 Kia Soul +, early production 2011, I hate the oem prop rod as no matter what happens, even a new one rattles under the hood over every bump. Did i mention i hate it? Wondering if you are still selling your hydrolic hood prop kits? Would it fit mine? You can message me. Thanks :)
You might try Private Messaging them since it's been about 9 years & they don't appear active. I agree with you, that kit looks pretty cool. I didn't realize older Souls didn't have gas struts.

Best of luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts