Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased and installed the homelink mirror?

If so, can you please posts some details?

I'm going to assume there is some kind of wiring harness located behind the headliner, and possibly a temperature sensor somewhere as well.

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
what is this homelink mirror?.....what does it do?.....show you the way hiome??.....mines got the electro cromatic thing with reversing camera.....is that homelink or what?....someone mentioned a compass in it - is that true??...tell me tell me tell me!!

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
i will have to get a garage first before i can justify having one...........

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Homelink is not a monthly charge it is just a rearview mirror with the electronics incorporated for a garage door opener.

·
Registered
191 Posts
mine came with homelink. I like in an apartment and have no use for it whatsoever. I know there's kits you can buy that will go into your outlet and will turn on anything thats plugged in (lights tv etc)

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome! Thank you very much! I am trying to get the dealer to install the mirror before I pick the vehicle up tomorrow. If not I will do it myself.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Awesome! Thank you very much! I am trying to get the dealer to install the mirror before I pick the vehicle up tomorrow. If not I will do it myself.

Thanks again!
homelink is a good feature I became custom to using for many years. one feature i forgot to get when purchasing my Soul and one feature I wish i had. I do have small garage door opener clip to the visor but it still looks out of place.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
EC Homelink Mirror
What is EC HomeLink? Electrochromic rearview mirrow with HomeLink® *includes Auto dimming, Garage door opener & Digital Compass

·
Registered
15 Posts
homelink

I just purchased a used, generic, 3 button homelink off of ebay for $20...gave it to a car audio installer and he installed it in the headliner for $20, including the wires. Works great and saved hundreds...I didn't need the compass, but it would have been nice to have.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would really like the mirror with digital compass but I can't justify the almost $200 it costs. Can anyone find anything that would fit the Soul's mounting bracket? I've searched Ebay but can't find anything :(

·
Banned
587 Posts
I would really like the mirror with digital compass but I can't justify the almost $200 it costs. - :(
i installed one of those cheapo "floating ball" compasses with the little suction cup mount - it cost less than three dollars - if i keep it close enough to the A pillar, i'm forever driving eastward - no matter which way the car is pointing -

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
I have found several just normal compass mirrors (without homelink) in local junkyards but I want one that is amber or red to better match the rest of the interior lighting.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
i installed one of those cheapo "floating ball" compasses with the little suction cup mount - it cost less than three dollars - if i keep it close enough to the A pillar, i'm forever driving eastward - no matter which way the car is pointing -
I get told off and sent back to the keychain thread for saying stuff like that!!!.....:D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts