Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please, if you are anti-gun or whatever, don't waste your breath here.

My last car, a 2007 Element SC, I had a holster mounted to the underside of the dash. It was perfect there, bc the dash was far enough way, I had a quick draw. But the Soul, the dash is too close and low to mount there. Anyone else tried any mounting options? I know the ones mounted to the bottom of the seat, and I'm not too fond of them. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Are you CCW certified? Why not wear the pistol then? When in the car I place the weapon in my center glove box. Doors always locked of course. If without a CCW I dont know if it is legal in your state to have an open carry gun in holster. Depends on state I guess. If so you could strap a holster onto the steering column with the draw underneath. My wife wants matched 50 cal in the grill! Missiles pointing rearward!!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Please, if you are anti-gun or whatever, don't waste your breath here.

My last car, a 2007 Element SC, I had a holster mounted to the underside of the dash. It was perfect there, bc the dash was far enough way, I had a quick draw. But the Soul, the dash is too close and low to mount there. Anyone else tried any mounting options? I know the ones mounted to the bottom of the seat, and I'm not too fond of them. Any help will be appreciated.
I think under the seat really is the best option if under the dash does not work out. Obviously there is the glove box which happens to be large on the Soul, but I would think is better and less apt to be found by the wrong person under the seat.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Under the seat you'd be likely to interfere with wiring and if you have the sound system amp under the drivers seat there might not be a lot of space.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Holster mounting options.

I had a holster mounted to the underside of the dash. . . . I had a quick draw. But the Soul, the dash is too close and low to mount there. . . . Any help will be appreciated.

I would think inside, the center console, would make a quick acquisition. If you're right handed.

If your 2016 Soul is like my 2015, behind the front passenger seat, there is a "magazine" pocket.
"That" area could be quickly accessed also.

It might help the reviewers to know, what size of hand cannon,
you are attempting to quick draw with?
The longer the barrel, the longer it takes, to clear leather.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I carry and have my CWL. I usually keep it on my person or locked in a box in the trunk if not being carried (due to restricted/prohibited venue).
I don't know your business or intentions, but, I don't know why you would need or feel the need for a "quick draw" while operating a motor vehicle?
Arizona is kinda wild west like, so just keep it on the seat next to you with your hand on it.

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,635 Posts
Put it on the dash shelf on one of those sticky gel mats. Put a camo bandana or a common kleenex over it. VOILA!

·
Registered
546 Posts
I have yet to find a place id like to mount one, mine lays on the dash or passenger seat unless it needs to be locked up. The car is just to tight for the usual places.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
All kidding aside, but wouldn't it be convenient to clip a smaller holster to the sun shade? I think it would be easier to draw it than messing around under the seat.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'm trying to find a place to mount one of these on my roof.

That damn panoramic glass messes me up yet again!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1: Arizona has Constitutional Carry, so you don't have to have a license to carry either openly, or concealed. I do, however, have my license.

2: I work in Corrections and private investigation. I have had guns pulled on my while driving, just bc of my uniform.

3. I am trying to mount it where it would not be visible from the window, and yet accessible quickly.

Once I figure out where to mount it, I will post pictures.

·
Registered
811 Posts
1: Arizona has Constitutional Carry, so you don't have to have a license to carry either openly, or concealed. I do, however, have my license.

2: I work in Corrections and private investigation. I have had guns pulled on my while driving, just bc of my uniform.

3. I am trying to mount it where it would not be visible from the window, and yet accessible quickly.

Once I figure out where to mount it, I will post pictures.
I'd start by getting some window tint.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Situational awareness.

Tinting to keep people from looking in, also makes it harder to see out, specifically in the evening and at night.
Ok...
I'll let the entire LEO community here in SW Florida know that...:ridiculed:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Cross draw belt holster. I'm right handed and have the gun on the left side by the door. I wear longer shirts in the summer and coats in the winter. I do have a CCL in my state and a few other local states. Also wear an ankle holster when needed.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I'll have to take another look at the center console. It's pretty big so you could likely mount a holster there. Not as quick as an under dash mount, but likely as fast as an under seat mount.

The door storage bin is large to. You could likely mount a holster there. Only issue is that if you are right handed you might need to draw and switch hands.

I'm in California now, so my only choice if someone draws on me is to meet my maker or :run:

·
Registered
799 Posts
As far as California is involved? I would rather be tried than buried. The right to self protection does not come from any state or national constitution. They only affirm or agree with God's given right to self preservation.

Increasingly; normal life in Florida is more like war than paradise. Shootings daily usually around drugs or bars. I dont frequent either so am safer. For the rest I carry.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts