Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Soul LX Manual Transmission
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone installed a hitch on their Soul?

What brand and if you can share pictures, that would be nice...

Thanks

·
Registered
2020 LX, cherry black
263 Posts
I have a hitch on mine. It’s a Sportframe— purchased and installed by U-Haul. It’s a class 1 hitch since you really can’t actually tow with a Soul. Don’t have much to say about it— bike racks fit on it fine. It doesn’t stick out any farther than necessary. You have to cut a small piece out of the rear fascia at install so if you ever remove it, you might notice it. U-Haul failed to make the cut themselves so I did it myself after a couple days of wondering why the hell the rear of the car looked so odd and then it hit me.

·
Registered
2021 Soul LX manual
271 Posts
OEM variety - holds the bike rack well.

Sadly, I don't have a pic without the rack, and it's dark outside. :)

No cutting required, but no safety chain attachments either, so no towing on the road unless you like tickets....

Bicycle Wheel Automotive bicycle rack Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul S
2 Posts
This, from carid.com. Installed easily without any modification needed. Use it for a bike rack and a flat rack to transport plastic tote boxes.

Aircraft Font Parallel Rectangle Screenshot

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
The Curt hitch is top quality and made to fit the Soul. I installed one, myself, on my 2013 Soul.
I pulled some serious loads with that hitch, but I never went out on the highway towing anything.
If I were going to put a hitch on my current 2020 Soul, it would probably be a Curt Hitch.
I still have the wiring harness that came with mine. Anyone want one? Not required for a bike rack, or cooler rack.
I was really amazed, that on my 2013 Soul, the frame was already drilled and threaded for a hitch, even though KIA says, "Don't tow!". Installing the Curt hitch, was as easy as changing a tire.

Happy New Year, Y'all!
FLH :cool:

·
Registered
2021 Soul LX Manual Transmission
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for your input. I have installed the Curt hitch and fits nice and high.

My advice to potential people wanting to do it, follow the instructions that come with the hitch. Also remove 2 clips on the wheel well to give you more working space.

Happy New Year !!!

Light Gas Eyewear Bumper Metal

Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
What always amazed me, was that KIA says "don't tow" but, they pre-drill and tap the frame for a hitch like the Curt, to be easily installed, even by one person, with only a few simple hand tools, and just a little mechanical expertise. I did my own on my 2013 Soul, and used it a lot for pulling things. But, I never pulled a trailer out on the highway.
It was really solid!

Cheers Mates!
:cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts