Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving to work north on the 400, just north of the 401, I move over to the far left and leveled out at about 120kph the car infront (bimmer) swerves kicks up a piece of folded scrap metal about 2ftX2ft. The metal hit just below my driver side fog light then seemed to sound like it unfolded below my tire. Crumple bang crash out the back spits original sheet metal and what turned out to be everything plastic under the driver side. The engine shroud, the lower edge and wheel well edge of the black piece that runs across the entire front bumper and the inner fender also broke two of the three foglight supports. Yey. It probably cost more to go to work this Monday morning than I made! I'll post some pics if I can get some half decent ones.:mad:

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,070 Posts
That REALLY sucks! Hope you can get repairs done quickly. :(

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
scirocco...Wow. Perhaps you should have gotten your migraine yesterday morning instead of Sunday morning. That Blows! :(

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
That's bad. The junk I see on our Highways amazes me. What amazes me more is that it never seems to get picked up. In England the cops would go and pick up stuff as soon as it was reported exactly for this reason. A car swerving to avoid something can end up creating a multiple accident which gives them even more work. It makes more sense to move the problem.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
I can relate, a couple of years ago I hit a large raccoon doing about 90 kmph

·
Registered
491 Posts
You have my sympathy. I drive up to Langstaff every morning. So far (bruising my knuckles on some wood) the worst I've had is a lot of paint scars from the gravel trucks.:mad:

·
Registered
592 Posts
My father in law lives in Aurora so when we travel from NY to see him I go right up that stretch of road, I have always hated it.

·
Registered
491 Posts
My father in law lives in Aurora so when we travel from NY to see him I go right up that stretch of road, I have always hated it.
The 400 is actually a pretty good road. Up until about eight years ago at least. That's when the traffic levels on it got ridiculous:mad: Now it's pretty much another city street up to King Road at any hour, and all the way to Bradford at busy times.

Salavar, you've got to start timing your visits with the father-in-law to coincide with Soul Club of Ontario cruises. We do have a ton o' fun, even on the mini cruises like we had on Sunday.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wasn't really dissing the 400, just saying that what started out being a normal commute turned sour fast. The police should pick up hazardous debris but I'm not going to hold my breath. Marc, I still would have gone to work with a migraine. Lately we have been slow at work so the big cheese is looking for a reason to lay off. The funny thing is the Toronto Star horoscope said I was in for all good things. Hey at least the metal stayed low, it could have decapitated me!!

·
Registered
446 Posts
yeah could have been worse. Hope you get the SOUL repaired to your satisfaction. Had a hub cap bounce off the top off my fender then hit the pillar between the windshield and door .... that was a close one only an inch away from the windsheild.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts