Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to a locksmith today. And had the high security Kia key made with a rubber head so I don't have to carry both key fobs in my pocket.
Now if I get locked out. I have a spare key in my pocket.

Locksmith charged me 64.95 including tax.

·
Registered
799 Posts
um sounds like he has a good business! Plus drivers must have it tougher. I have one fob with key in it. Weighs almost nothing.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,543 Posts
Went to a locksmith today. And had the high security Kia key made with a rubber head so I don't have to carry both key fobs in my pocket.
Now if I get locked out. I have a spare key in my pocket.

Locksmith charged me 64.95 including tax.
Hey cardboard, I got one made last week too. Laser cut security key. Matches identical. Only $20 + tax.

Laser%20cut%20security%20key.jpg

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,543 Posts
You went all the way to Lynwood? For $20 that's not bad at all lol. I should go there haha.
bish, his shop is right outside Fred Meyer. Best locksmith ever!

·
Registered
799 Posts
So I can actually lock the doors with the key inside? I didnt know that! My last few cars would not do that with the key inside.

I have my wife's spare and she has mine. If it ever happens the other will come open up I guess. But in 30+ years of driving I have never done that. I am definitely type "A" you know!

·
Registered
373 Posts
My first car, I didn't have a spare key and didn't want to have one made because it was a chip key (although I probably could have had one made just for the door). But I never accidentally locked my keys in the car because I'm paranoid and I always make sure my key is in my hand before I even close the door. But now that I've typed this, I have a feeling it's bound to happen xD

·
Registered
799 Posts
And you carry only one fob in your pocket ?
What do you do it you lock yourself out of the car by accident ?
I had a thought. How are you locking it if you dont use the key anyway? Using the electric locks then closing the door? If so you can remember to do that but not take the key fob with you?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had a thought. How are you locking it if you dont use the key anyway? Using the electric locks then closing the door? If so you can remember to do that but not take the key fob with you?
For a few of us, that's our only option (using the door locks) because there are no fobs or keyless entry on the Base w/ MT. I'm sure someday, keys will be a thing of the past, but having spares is always a good idea until such time is here.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
I'm glad I have the smart key, never have to worry about locking my keys inside my car (as long as it's battery doesn't die)
even if the battery dies you can still get in, that's what the keys for :sneakiness:

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Isn't it FORD, that has the digital key pad on the door? I've always wondered how that stands up to winter ICE???

:cool:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Many car companies at one time or another have or have had a key pad on some lines of cars. They hold up better than keys in a lock do in winter.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts