Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Kia Soul (original owner) and recently my check engine light came on. We found out the code was P0508. Trying to diagnose the problem the best we could my husband changed the oil filter, cleaned the throttle body and the mass air flow sensor then dumped fuel injector cleaner in the tank. The light did go off, however it still does high idle when it's cold out goes to 2,500 RPM's when I first start it up for just a few seconds. Just wondering if this is normal or is there still a problem?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I have a 2014 Kia Soul (original owner) and recently my check engine light came on. We found out the code was P0508. Trying to diagnose the problem the best we could my husband changed the oil filter, cleaned the throttle body and the mass air flow sensor then dumped fuel injector cleaner in the tank. The light did go off, however it still does high idle when it's cold out goes to 2,500 RPM's when I first start it up for just a few seconds. Just wondering if this is normal or is there still a problem?
2,500 seems a bit high, but not so much that it will do any harm, especially if you're using a decent synthetic oil that will rapidly flow to all the nooks and crannies while the engine is cold.

The next really cold day, I'll take note of the cold idle RPM on mine. I think it's around 2,000, but it doesn't stay there long. It was pretty cold this morning, but I didn't take note.

I would check for vacuum leaks. They can cause high idle and are easy to check for.

Also, I think what your husband cleaned was the MAP, not the MAF.

Richard

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
the highest I've seen on my 2016 2.0L in my area with temperature to -20 to -30C is about 1600-1700 rpm when I first start the car which generally doesn't last long and then will drop around 1100 rpm and then eventually back to normal idle of 600-700 after it warms up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts