Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone! I got a 2018 Kia Soul base with a 6-speed manual transmission last November-ish. I have two things I currently need help with (though I'm sure that number will increase as I do more and more things to my Soul). My first project is to install a center console arm rest in place of the stock cubby hole that comes on the M/T Souls (this seems to be quite a popular mod). I would like everything to be OEM. I have the correct part codes to all the parts I need except for the arm rest itself. I have the codes for the main plastic piece, the rear cover, and the storage box. However, depending on the part code, the arm rest will come with a different stitching color. I know that 84660B2000BRS comes with red stitching, but my Soul is black with an all black interior (it does have a little bit of grey around the shifter though), so i feel that the red stitching might look out of place. Does anyone know the part code for an OEM armrest with either grey or black stitching?
Also, I've been toying with the idea of getting a steering wheel for the "!" model (the flat-bottomed one) and swapping out my base, round steering wheel. It's just a personal preference thing, I like the look of the flat bottom much better. Does anyone know if this is possible? And where I can get the wheel? (I can't find it anywhere online)

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
9,508 Posts
Welcome on board.

Two things about the console. (1) You can get one from CARid (a sponsor on this site) or from ebay or even Amazon. No one really knows which is OEM since they seem to have a plethora of models. I got one from Amazon for my 2013 and it works fine, looks fine, and is functionally fine. (2) If you find an OEM one, which I could not, it will be more expensive than the after market ones I believe. Your call.

As far as the steering wheel goes, that only came on the Turbo models that began in 2017. I am sure you can get one and it will probably work since others with models that came without the Cruise (but it is wired up). I believe that we had one member look into this some months back but not sure what became of the effort. It also may be very expensive to do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply! I'll have to look further into the steering wheel idea eventually. It'd be cool, but if it's too expensive or whatnot then that's okay.
I've found a couple sites that offer legit OEM parts (I'm using FourGreen at the moment) and I've found the armrests, but they only show a picture for the red-stitched armrest (part number 84660B2000BRS), so I don't know what other colors the other armrests are. The color of the stitching is determined by the last couple of letters of the code (one member of the forum figured out that 84660B2000EGY is yellow stitching), and I'm fairly certain that 84660B2000EQ is black stitching, but I'd just like to confirm that before I order, if anyone knows for sure. Or if there's one with grey stitching, I'd rather have that, since it would match with the grey stitching on my seats. I wish they'd post a picture of each armrest to avoid confusion, but nothing good ever comes easy, amirite? Maybe I could give them a call in a day or two if none of us know for sure. If I figure anything out, I'll be sure to post it for future reference.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Thank you for the reply! I'll have to look further into the steering wheel idea eventually. It'd be cool, but if it's too expensive or whatnot then that's okay.
I've found a couple sites that offer legit OEM parts (I'm using FourGreen at the moment) and I've found the armrests, but they only show a picture for the red-stitched armrest (part number 84660B2000BRS), so I don't know what other colors the other armrests are. The color of the stitching is determined by the last couple of letters of the code (one member of the forum figured out that 84660B2000EGY is yellow stitching), and I'm fairly certain that 84660B2000EQ is black stitching, but I'd just like to confirm that before I order, if anyone knows for sure. Or if there's one with grey stitching, I'd rather have that, since it would match with the grey stitching on my seats. I wish they'd post a picture of each armrest to avoid confusion, but nothing good ever comes easy, amirite? Maybe I could give them a call in a day or two if none of us know for sure. If I figure anything out, I'll be sure to post it for future reference.
Used will be the way to go for your steering wheel BUT there is no interchange info on them so you will have to try it on your own . A good auto recycler will let you return it if it won't work for you .

·
Super Moderator
7,698 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forums!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update on the hunt for my grey-stitched arm rest: the guys at FourGreen weren't able to verify the part number, unfortunately. They recommended that I go directly to the dealer to get the correct number, so I'll do that tomorrow afternoon if I still haven't found anything out by then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts