Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 Soul LX with 20,000 miles. Ever since I've owned it w/8,000 miles, it's had a slight hesitation when going from a dead stop & that's with the ISG off. I'd tried higher octane gasoline, and fuel injector cleaner. I was to the point of thinking of maybe rigging a stronger spring to the gas pedal. Saw a cotton-type aftermarket performance air filter for $28 for the Soul, not K&N. Just installed it and noticed it took all the hesitation/lag away! Amazon.com: DNA Motoring AFPN-207-RD Washable Drop In Panel Air Filter Enhance Engine Performance Power & Acceleration Improve [Compatible with 17-19 Elantra / 18-20 Kona / 19-20 Veloster / 19 Fort / 20 Soul ] : Everything Else

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
8,723 Posts
I have a 2020 Soul LX with 20,000 miles. Ever since I've owned it w/8,000 miles, it's had a slight hesitation when going from a dead stop & that's with the ISG off. I'd tried higher octane gasoline, and fuel injector cleaner. I was to the point of thinking of maybe rigging a stronger spring to the gas pedal. Saw a cotton-type aftermarket performance air filter for $28 for the Soul, not K&N. Just installed it and noticed it took all the hesitation/lag away! Amazon.com: DNA Motoring AFPN-207-RD Washable Drop In Panel Air Filter Enhance Engine Performance Power & Acceleration Improve [Compatible with 17-19 Elantra / 18-20 Kona / 19-20 Veloster / 19 Fort / 20 Soul ] : Everything Else
That's good new billy! I wonder if it is as simple as allowing for better airflow?

I did have to chuckle at the instructions: Professional Installation Recommended :D

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's good new billy! I wonder if it is as simple as allowing for better airflow?

I did have to chuckle at the instructions: Professional Installation Recommended :D
Yea saw that too, but I've read on another site someone didn't take the plastic bag off the filter when installing it. You just wonder how some people can function in life.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
2020 Turbo 50,000, is having a vaccum issuse kind of rough ide , seems like shifting is strange, where is the most common place to check under the hood? I going to just spray cleaner around to see whewn the ide changes , but if its a know vac leaK area , would be nice to knoww

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2020 Turbo 50,000, is having a vaccum issuse kind of rough ide , seems like shifting is strange, where is the most common place to check under the hood? I going to just spray cleaner around to see whewn the ide changes , but if its a know vac leaK area , would be nice to knoww
Sounds like you need some intake valve cleaner. best intake valve cleaner vs gdi - YouTube
White Product Automotive tire Font Liquid

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Billy, I think you said "not a K&N" and I'm wondering if you've tried the K&N and compared it's performance with the new cotton air filter?

Or was it the OEM filter that you replaced with the Cotton (washable) filter?

Curious minds would love to know. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts