Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently purchased a 2012 KIA Soul. I keep on being told that I have a 1.6 under the hood but it looks like a 2.0 to me. How do I get the truth with Vin. Please help. I feel like I watched to much sponge Bob and got to stupid.
IMG_20210101_044803027.jpg

·
Registered
346 Posts
The 1.6 is a GDI engine. You have an MPI engine in the pictures. What year is your car? Can you post the vin, some people might not want to but I can punch it in. One easy way is to look at your hood at the emission sticker as it will say

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 8th# is a 6 and 10th is a c. I do appreciate your help with this. I've never been stuck like this before but this car does seem to be a little Frankenstein ish. Can never get a straight answer in any googled question. IMG_20210112_080323380.jpg IMG_20210112_080323380.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have not heard of the solenoid causing battery drain. It's not energized when key is off. If you have a battery drain issue I will post it up later but there's a under $50 amp clamp that I bought on Amazon that works fantastic and reads down to miliamps.
What sort of locking issue are you having. There's several ways to test some of the stuff so it would be better if I knew which diagrams to start with? What's up with reverse lights?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
B.u.
I have not heard of the solenoid causing battery drain. It's not energized when key is off. If you have a battery drain issue I will post it up later but there's a under $50 amp clamp that I bought on Amazon that works fantastic and reads down to miliamps.
What sort of locking issue are you having. There's several ways to test some of the stuff so it would be better if I knew which diagrams to start with? What's up with reverse lights?
Not locking up. Just battery draining when car is off. Code po340. Camshaft position sensor or it's wires. All harnesses solid.
camera 12v on power. After market. Already installed just need reverse signal wire. Ran everything threw the existing camera wires. Just need that power.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
B.u.

Not locking up. Just battery draining when car is off. Code po340. Camshaft position sensor or it's wires. All harnesses solid.
Camera 12v on power. After market. Already installed just need reverse signal wire. Ran everything threw the existing camera wires. Just need that power.

·
Registered
346 Posts
There is a reverse switch on the trans. There is a connector under the fuse box that it runs through also. I'll get you a picture of the connector and which wire it is tonight when I get home.
P0340 is a circuit code for the cam sensor not for the solenoid. The solenoid would throw different codes whether it was it's circuit or timing codes if it wasn't working

·
Registered
346 Posts
Here is the wiring diagram. The green wire comes out of the fuse box and goes to connector EF11, it should be green going in and green with orange coming out. That would probably be your best bet is to tap that as the signal wire for your camera. The fuse should be labeled in the engine compartment fuse box so I think I would rather go inside the car by the dash where this connector is rather than to the engine compartment.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts