Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm supposed to pick up my Soul ! this week. I don't have an Mp3 player, but understand I can use my flash drive in the USB port. I saw some posts (can't find them again, however) where StudentDriver said that a particular format was needed. I work on a Macintosh, and was hoping to take the music I loaded from my CDs onto my Mac and put it on the flash drive and play that in my new car. When I move songs from iTunes to my flash drive, it says they are in m4a format.

Will that work in my Soul? If not, can anyone tell me what I need to do?

Thanks in advance. I'm looking forward to learning about my new car through this board.

Regards,
CricutKate

·
Registered
16 Posts
usb stick on a mac

I also read the posts and wondered if I could use the thumb drive with my new Soul. The answer is yes.
I took an 8gb drive and loaded 5gb of music from my itunes library and my emusic downloaded folder. Drag and drop.
Then I placed the drive in the slot on the Soul and it worked perfectly. Read the titles and displayed them in the viewing window.
Another miracle. This observation comes from one who had not bought a new car since 1982. What improvements!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thank you bluez1. I'll load some music on my little flash drive (mine only holds 2 GB), and see how it goes. But thanks for your response.

Kate

·
Registered
197 Posts
When you format the drive, make sure to use either FAT or FAT32, and you should be good to go. I have an 8GB flash drive I use, along with n 8GB microSDHC card that I use in a USB adapter. Both work fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
flash drive

Hi
In the owner's manual it says that I need to wait until I turn on the car to insert the flash drive and that I need to remove it before turning off the car. I was hoping that I could just leave it in. Has anyone just left it in without experiencing problems?:)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Hi
In the owner's manual it says that I need to wait until I turn on the car to insert the flash drive and that I need to remove it before turning off the car. I was hoping that I could just leave it in. Has anyone just left it in without experiencing problems?:)
I leave mine in all the time, no problem so far.

·
Premium Member
2015 Kia Soul + / Bright Silver / 2.0L (GDI) 4-Cyl Engine 6-Speed Automatic Trans
3,001 Posts
I have not had a problem leaving it in. I mostly use my iPhone with the cable but when I leave in the thumb drive I have never had a problem.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
I do think that it has to be in mp3 format though and not m4a format.
I could be wrong though but thought I read that it would only take mp3 format.
Only one way to find out...just try it.

I leave my USB thumb drive inn all the time. I listen to satellite and the thumb drive is still in and also i leave it in when i turn the engine off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts