Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I found a piece of my new car (2014 Kia Soul Exclaim) laying just underneath my car in the driveway. It is made of black plastic, has five plastic tabs on it (two on each side and one on the bottom), and is about 2-1/2" wide by about 3" long. On it, it says "Kia", "Packing Transmission", and "21880-B2100." I've looked on various websites today to try to find out what this part is, what it does, and where it needs to go back onto the car; but all I could find (when Googling 21880-B2100) was "Part: Packing Transmission - $8.97 each" on an on-line Kia parts list. Does anyone know what this piece does and where it fell off the car from? It doesn't appear (to me) to be a "mechanical" part, but not really knowing, I'm kind of paranoid to drive the car any where. Does any one have any information that would be helpful to me? Thanks so much for any info you can provide. It's appreciated.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
It sounds like shipping material, but I would check with your dealership. Drive back to the dealership with the part; if you break down they'll have to fix you up under warranty anyway.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To AZPilot: I don't have a "Smart Phone" but I'll try to take a picture with the phone I have and see what happens. I'll be right back.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JD: At first I thought (actually, "hoped"), it was shipping material, too. But, when I Googled that part number, I found that an on-line parts store, specializing in Kia products, was selling this piece for $8.97. For that price, it doesn't seem like a part so important that I should be afraid to drive the car....but, admittedly, I am.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hoping this picture comes through for you to see. Let me know, please. I'm not very electronically inclined. If not, I'll try again. Cindie.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
JD: At first I thought (actually, "hoped"), it was shipping material, too. But, when I Googled that part number, I found that an on-line parts store, specializing in Kia products, was selling this piece for $8.97. For that price, it doesn't seem like a part so important that I should be afraid to drive the car....but, admittedly, I am.
I googled it as well and couldn't find a picture. I wouldn't be too worried. Something with plastic tabs is not going to be anything more important than a cover.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you so much, JD. I really, really appreciate your opinion. Really. Thank you. If you should happen to find out more, please let me know. Again, thank you!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think the first pic went through. I'm trying once again (hope it's attached). If not, maybe you can tell me what I need to do (if it doesn't go through, I'm obviously doing it wrong). Thanks!

·
Registered
986 Posts
Best guess...without seeing any pics makes me think it's simply one of the underbody cowling "punchout access panels". There's one to access your oil filter and another near the oil drain plug. If it is one of those, then driving the car is no issue because it's just a small part of the underbody protective panel cover.

Greg

Today, I found a piece of my new car (2014 Kia Soul Exclaim) laying just underneath my car in the driveway. It is made of black plastic, has five plastic tabs on it (two on each side and one on the bottom), and is about 2-1/2" wide by about 3" long. On it, it says "Kia", "Packing Transmission", and "21880-B2100." I've looked on various websites today to try to find out what this part is, what it does, and where it needs to go back onto the car; but all I could find (when Googling 21880-B2100) was "Part: Packing Transmission - $8.97 each" on an on-line Kia parts list. Does anyone know what this piece does and where it fell off the car from? It doesn't appear (to me) to be a "mechanical" part, but not really knowing, I'm kind of paranoid to drive the car any where. Does any one have any information that would be helpful to me? Thanks so much for any info you can provide. It's appreciated.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks so much for the advice. I've called them and given them the part number and they are supposedly researching it. Will let you know when I hear back from them.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Yea I like what Ms Yellow car said (lol) Call the dealer parts dept and give them the part number and just ask. WTH is this and why would it be on the ground? :)

Probably they will laugh and tell you not to worry but bring it in when you get the chance.

Reactions: Buzz

·
Super Moderator
9,512 Posts
Ok, it looks as if this part is a cover for one end of the trans axle mounting bracket. I doubt that it hurts much right now but in the long run it probably is intended to keep dirt and debris out of the mounting bracket. I would get it into the dealer at the first opportunity to see about having it put back into place properly so that it does not come out again.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Probably a result of that crack you made in the other forum about clear bras and women. chuckle. :run: Seriously, I hope you figure it out with a quick trip to the dealer. Might help ease your concerns.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you, again, Sheepdog! The dealer finally called and said that they had identified the part number as being some kind of cosmetic cover that belongs in the upper part of the wheel well and to bring it in. They reinstalled it today (front driver's side wheel well). Thank you again for your thoughts and advice! Cindie.

Yea I like what Ms Yellow car said (lol) Call the dealer parts dept and give them the part number and just ask. WTH is this and why would it be on the ground? :)

Probably they will laugh and tell you not to worry but bring it in when you get the chance.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts