Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys....so my wife got bumped at a stop sign going to work last week and there was some minor damage to the rear bumper of our Soul :( Surprisingly the bumper and paint came out unscathed but the rear bumper impact bar (the bar that sits behind the bumper and the styrofoam) was slightly bent and damaged from the impact causing my bumper to be misaligned a bit on the right side (where the impact occurred). Not going through insurance but the guy wants to pay for the repair of our car, which is fine by me. Trying to help out the guy and hoping to find a good price for the rear bumper impact bar as the body shop want $410.00 for the part !!! I tried sourcing from GAP, Car Quest but they don't have this part available......anybody here have a good lead that I can source this part for a competitive price??

Thanks again,

·
Registered
518 Posts
Salvage yard- google for your local one. You may be able to bang the old one back into shape. While this may affect the structure of the part, it may not do so in a substantive way (can't see the part so can't tell).

Personally, I'd help the guy out, but go only so far. If he damaged the car, he needs to be helping YOU out. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Turn it over to the police and the insurance company. You may never get the work done. I tried to help a fellow service member out, and when I went to collect the money, him and his commander turned on me and said they wouldn't pay. Not cool. So I turned it over to the police and the insurance company and with satisfactury results. Good luck, as parts are hard to find other than dealer OEM.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys !!! I was able to source out the part from the US for an awesome price and should be here within 2-3 days.

I'll keep you posted if things don't work out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts