Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I wanted to take off the dealer sticker on my trunk but it left residue. Does anyone know of a good way to get it off?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
A cheaper way is WD-40. Just spray on, let sit for a minute or so and wipe off. Sometimes, you need to apply a bit of pressure, other times, it just wipes off. It will NOT affect your clear coat or your paint as it is WATER based.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Haha, I like this forum for the fast replies! :) Is Goo Gone something I get at a auto parts store? It's okay for the paint?
Not sure where to get it in the US but here it is as hardware stores, Home Depot, Storage Solutions. It is made in the US. It is safe on anything. My neighbour left tape on for 3months after having her windsheild replaced. It wouldn't even come off with razor blade. Goo Gone to the rescue

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
WD-40 is cheaper than Windex..ha,ha! unless you already have some Windex. I doubt that Windex will work though...

·
Banned
1,576 Posts
WD-40 is cheaper than Windex..ha,ha! unless you already have some Windex. I doubt that Windex will work though...
Never tried wd40 - but I have used both hand lotion and peanut butter - smear it on, tape a piece of plastic film over the spot, let it sit for a couple hours, wipe it off - no problemo -

·
Registered
255 Posts
Use WD-40. Work's great it breaks down the adhesive and is safe on all surfaces.

Whatever you do...don't confuse Goof Off with Goo-Gone.

Goof Off is very corrosive to some type's of plastics. I made the mistake of using it on one of my plastic windshields for one of my sleds and it ruined it.

Here is a recent post over at the Hyundai forum who had similair results on his mirror housing.

Goof Off +plastic=bad - Hyundai-Forums.com : Hyundai Forum

1 - 18 of 18 Posts