Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the forum posts I can find are for earlier model Souls and none of the ones mentioned seem to still be in production.

Can anyone point me to a Bull Bar or Grille Guard that fits the 2016 Soul+ and if that doesn't exist, one that could be adapted or installed by a professional at a reasonable price?

Picking up my new (to me) 2016 Soul this Friday and being that I have to park on NYC streets every day it's out there unprotected is a day of guaranteed nicks, dings, scratches, and impacts.

If a bull bar or grille guard isn't possible I'm open to any and all tips for front and rear protection from the inexcusably terrible parking abuse it is guaranteed to receive here in the city.

And please, don't even mention garaging or renting a spot. We would do so in a heartbeat if it was available nearby. (multi-year waiting lists)

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2015 Base AT (1.6) Dirty Asphalt color ("titanium")
665 Posts
2014+ should work for parts (they're all "Gen. 2").

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,100 Posts
SSD performance has a light rally bar available. Just Google "SSD light rally bar". Links to images aren't working as administration is moving the site off our current hosting platform to the Google Cloud.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
To bull or not to bull...that is My question.
While a bull bar or similar will protect the front end, No question, the question I do have is this.
Will it impede the deployment of the airbags by even a milisecond in a serious front end collision since it does cover the frontal area where the sensors are located.
A point I have always pondered as I too have have considered installing a bull bar.

·
Registered
148 Posts
To bull or not to bull...that is My question.
While a bull bar or similar will protect the front end, No question, the question I do have is this.
Will it impede the deployment of the airbags by even a milisecond in a serious front end collision since it does cover the frontal area where the sensors are located.
A point I have always pondered as I too have have considered installing a bull bar.

Decent question. Places like the UK and India have banned them, mainly citing increased injuries in vs. pedestrian situations, but also that they reduce or even negate the front crumple zone. I guess the next best option for parking taps would be the license plate frame bumper guards and/or the rubber strips that apply with 3M tape.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Decent question. Places like the UK and India have banned them, mainly citing increased injuries in vs. pedestrian situations, but also that they reduce or even negate the front crumple zone. I guess the next best option for parking taps would be the license plate frame bumper guards and/or the rubber strips that apply with 3M tape.
Sacred cow injuries?

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
NuMystic, Grid_Gypsy, and sacred cows... all in one thread. This is why I keep coming back. Hahahaha.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SSD performance has a light rally bar available. Just Google "SSD light rally bar". Links to images aren't working as administration is moving the site off our current hosting platform to the Google Cloud.
Thanks! Unfortunately that rides too low. I need a brush/bull bar that comes up further for it to offer meaningful protection. Here in NYC more than half the cars on the road are SUVs with bumpers that will crush the plastic stock grill without even touching that light rally bar below it. Within 24 months I had to replace a destroyed grill on my last car, and the Kia Soul's plastic one isn't going to fare any better without protection. :(

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
You will probably have to get something custom made to be honest. The Soul isn't known for its... bull bars. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts