Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Friends.

I'll make this as condensed as possible as your time is valuable.

About a year ago, I bought a used 2013 Soul from a Hyundai dealer locally with about 59K on it.

With 63K on it, I've been told it has a blown head gasket by my very honest mechanic.

Not only that but the vehicle had blown the head gasket before and was apparently repaired poorly.

The repair is a used engine since parts of it were previously shot with a value of about $4300.

Not only that but there was NO mention of any of this on the CarFax prior to purchase.

Not only that but the extended warranty company refuses to cover this citing "overheat damage."

They do not respond to my emails or phone calls either.

I'll be heading to the dealership later this week to discuss the matter.

Meanwhile, I have no vehicle and a payment schedule for a non-driveable car plus a business that demands regular USPS runs.

Has anyone any thought on my predicament other than filing with state consumer protection for both dealership & warranty company?

Should KIA, the company be involved in this? If so, who/where is the best place to start.

If you have additional questions to ask me, I'm happy to answer.

You hear these stories and figure it'll never happen to you.

Well, here I am and it really stinks.

TIA

Steve

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,070 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I wasn't clear. The vehicle was sold to me with a previously blown head gasket not repaired properly that has since (either during my ownership or during the tenure of the previous owner) permanently damaged the engine during the brief time that I've owned the vehicle. The only solution is a "new" (used obviously) engine. Repairing the head gasket will only result in it blowing again since the engine is permanently damaged.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts