Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Excited to learn about this vehicle, it's the 6 speed base, black on black, and I am already planning some upgrades. First will be the cruise control add, then it will be either keyless entry (aftermarket), or the center counsol depending on my funds. This isn't my first Kia, had a base 5 speed 2001 Sephia back in the day, great car, drove it all over the US, so I know this Soul will be just as great.

·
Registered
2015 Base AT (1.6) Dirty Asphalt color ("titanium")
666 Posts
Welcome to the hamster house!

Do share your projects (and pics) with us as you do them. It's fun (and occasionally inspiring) to see what people are doing with their Soul.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,118 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forums!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've had my 2016 about 8 months now. It has 16k miles then and now close to 22k. I don't drive much.
Also base model with 6 speed. I'm loving it even at 77!!

Walt

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,595 Posts
Welcome Dragon! Good to have another stick shift member. It's surprising how many of us have done the Cruise Control & Armrest (either full console or add on) upgrades.

When I'm out walking I always glance at Souls parked along the street. If I see it's got a stick shift, I glance up at the steering wheel to see if the Cruise Control switch has been added. Since I bought mine 5 years ago, I have never seen a single one. That surprises me. It makes me wonder if they aren't forum members, unaware it's possible, or don't really care.

It's nice to see Kia is finally adding these features to Gen3 stick shifts as "upgrades." Maybe they read all the Kia Soul Forum comments :)

Reactions: Buzz

·
Registered
71 Posts
When I bought my Gen 1, 2010 stick new, it came with cruise control. Funny I just pretty much assumed all of them came with cruise.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Yay! Welcome. My wife's is also a '16 black base manual. Cruise was easy and went in the first week. Stereo got thrown out a couple weeks later. Then got busy... speakers, amp, keyless/alarm, wheels/tires, killing the 1-2 throttle delay, and enabling manual control and indication of that pesky hill hold feature.

Reactions: Buzz

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,595 Posts
Yay! Welcome. My wife's is also a '16 black base manual. Cruise was easy and went in the first week. Stereo got thrown out a couple weeks later. Then got busy... speakers, amp, keyless/alarm, wheels/tires, killing the 1-2 throttle delay, and enabling manual control and indication of that pesky hill hold feature.
Hi phunky, any chance you can share how you got manual control over the hill-hold function? Did you just disable it or find a way to on/off switch it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hi phunky, any chance you can share how you got manual control over the hill-hold function? Did you just disable it or find a way to on/off switch it?
Thanks everyone! I would like to know about the manual control and hill assist as well.
I haven't had a chance to mess with it yet, but there has to be some function that can be interrupted to gain control over it. At the very least, there's going to be a signal that tells the car to enable the hill hold- should be able to tie into that for an indicator so you don't look like an idiot stalling the engine when you don't expect it to be on. It takes WAY too much gas to overcome the hill hold if you're normally very light on the gas coming off a light.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts