Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

I've been wanting a Kia Soul for some time now, so I'm doing my research. I currently own a 2009 Chevy Cobalt LT coupe with just under 46,000 miles on it, which I plan to trade in for the aforementioned Soul. It seems like a really functional and roomy vehicle, on top of being stylish and what not. My Cobalt leaves a lot to be desired in the ergonomic department and I'd like to get something more efficient.

Anyway, I guess I'll post my questions in the proper forum topic after I get to know this site a bit. Feel free to say hello, talk about your Soul, etc. This vehicle will need to last me a very long time, since I don't plan on buying another one after this until I pay down some other bills.

·
Registered
750 Posts
After a year, and 15K miles, I absolutely LOVE my Soul+. I never really thought much about the Soul even though a friend had purchased one in 2009. I kind of "accidentally" happened to be at a dealership and the Wife was sitting in one and making a scene to get me to look at it. I did and went for a test drive and that was that. I use mine every day now, and it is more functional than I expected, and more fun than I expected. Its drawbacks are its small size (It ain't no Dodge Ram), and bricklike aerodynamics (if you do lots of Highway). But its fun factor and economy are nice! I used to consider it kind of unique, but there are lots more Souls on the road nowadays. I have had zero problems and zero glitches. I like the fact it uses a timing chain instead of a belt so I don't have to change the dang belt every 60K miles. The 2012 and newer have 6 speeds, and plenty of horsepower. And those light up speaker rings make me smile every time I listen to my old 70's tunes. Anyone that says Kias make cheap 2nd hand stuff, hasn't been in one lately. Love mine!

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
Hello, from north of the border. I've had my Soul for almost a year, no problems. I enjoy it and like kevster, I too have the Infinity Sound system with the front door lighted speakers as well as the UVO system (that back-up camera is great), also I have the sunroof too.
I was a former KIA owner, having owned a Rondo for 4 years for which I traded in on the Soul and I wouldn't have done that if I had a lot of problems as that was my first Kia. The Rondo was very reliable, nothing wrong with it just wanted to change and liked what they did with the Soul starting with the 2012 model, so my dealer made me a good deal and we did the change.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi there, BT :) I'm with you; I needed a car that would last me at least ten years and spent months researching to find the best within my budget.

I'm a brand newbie, too. Just bought mine Friday night. At that point, I realized I kept coming back to the Soul as the winner, in every category and every comparison, and suddenly realized I was ready to commit

Been reading around on this forum a bit and it seems one can find the answer to just 'bout anything 'round here!

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Nebraska?
I've crossed Nebraska about a dozen times, usually on I-80, and what I remember most about it is the miles and miles, of nothing but Miles and Miles.:rolleyes:

If you're doing lots of miles, between stops, and you watch your speed, you should be able to get really good mileage.
Big city driving....not so much, but comparable to other small cars.

Good Luck!
TM :cool:

Reactions: LOUBONES

·
Registered
67 Posts
Welcome! late catching this but im also in Nebraska! hit me up if your interested in meets! having one this weekend (April 13th, 2 pm In Bellevue)

·
Registered
928 Posts
Welcome from the Bluegrass State. I bought my 2012 Soul ! last may after looking at the Scion Xb and the Nissan Cube. The Scion was just too plain, so I started looking at the 1st gen style, but as they had been out of production for a few years, used ones were getting a bit long in the tooth (too many miles), and the Cube, well, what's to say other that it's weird looking and I hated the cvt tranny. Also no flat floor in the cargo area for my dogs, so it was out anyway. The Soul hit the sweet spot with styling I liked, room for my dogs, lots of bells and whistles (I like bells & whistles), and what I considered to be an extremely reasonable price given all the features. I haven't regretted purchasing it at all. Great little vehicle. Best bang for the buck that I could find.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I grew up in the Dusty Mid-West, but it's also the snowy Mid-West and the Icey Mid-west and in the summer, the Steamy HOT mid-west. It's much hotter there than Florida in the summer.

if I were still living there, I'd be driving exactly what I'm driving now.....
I have no doubt in this world, that my Kia Soul can handle anything that the Mid-West can dish out.

I'm driving a Kia Soul, base, 1.6L, DOHV, DFI, VVT, AT (six speed) and she's wilder than a burlap bag full of tom cats.
My biggest fear is that someday she'll just take off without me and go bar hopping, and I might loose her to a biker boy with a Harley.
My first wife was like that. :laughonfloor

Seriously, my little girl (my Kia Soul) is prettier, more faithful and a lot more fun than either of my two ex-wives. ;) And she costs me a lot less too!

So it makes no matter where you live, the Kia Soul is a great little car and a lot of fun to drive.
Give her a try..... I'm sure you'll fall in love like I did.

Cheers mates!
TechnoMage :cool:

·
Registered
42 Posts
In July of 2012 I bought a 20102U with 90,000 ks, used it in the next 8 months to spend nights in (I'm only 5'91/2" though) sleeping behind the front seat, rear seats folded down, not sleeping corner to corner, and travel 23,000 ks, no problems except driving too fast on a dirt road and ruined a tire with a rock. I consistently get 45mpg highway with a full load and 16' canoe on top. I thought very early when I started looking at Souls that this was the best value car on the market, and I still think that. I had been shopping for the 1.6 but bought the 2 and am glad for the extra little power because my load is full and I've been on some STEEP hills in backcountry. I've used the vehicle as if a four wheel drive. No problems, but I do have to thank God.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts