Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I just purchased a Latte Brown 2015 + today after three weeks of hunting/shopping. Pretty happy so far driving it to/from work. I'm already getting some necessities for it (all-weather mats, window visor, bug deflector, rear bumper protector, steering-wheel cover, and blind-spot mirror).

I was somewhat disappointed not to have a CD player. I'm thinking to get an aftermarket system that not only has CD player, but also back-up camera and navigation capability. How much will something like that will cost me? I will also have to pay someone to install it since I don't know swat about how to do it.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,070 Posts

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
welcome, just convert all your CD's to mp3 and put them on a flash drive for about $15-$20. That's what I did back when I had my 2012 which did come with a CD player, far easier (and safer) than a bunch of CD's in your car (and no storage problems or costs) and you can have thousand of tracks on something that is the size of the nail on your little finger - works for me.

·
Vendor
715 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase! Post some pictures when you can. Do you already have any plans on your Kia? A lot of good info here regarding mods in case you are thinking of doing any. Check out some of the garages and you may get some ideas. Good luck and keep us posted!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Congrats! I too was disappointed to not have a cd player since I have a LOT of music that is out of print (I have a few thousands cds and LPs). I opted to get a Discman; they're cheap, certain generations have excellent quality, and they're easy to deal with. I have uploaded a few things I really love to Amazon Music and can access them there but at least for right now I prefer having the cds that I know I want to hear with me. LOL Hopefully you'll find a solution that works for you, too.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Pat.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I changed my profile picture and upload some pics to the garage. I don't know if you guys can see it, because I can't.

Besides the normal add-ons (mats, visors, etc.), I ordered one of those color string/pipe that you wedged between the interior panels so I can break up the all-black interior with some color outline. I would love to do more, but pocket's pretty thin after purchasing this one :chargrined:

Just found out that the ac vent knob/handle on the passenger side was broken. When I adjusted the vents, it felt really loose, and then it came off after wiggling it a bit. Some of the little latches that connects the actual handle and the clip broke. Is that covered under warranty?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Welcome!

On the vent thing. I think that the bumper to bumper warranty is only for the first owner?

Others may know more about this? Heck, I'd like to know more about this.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I went and looked at your garage. I could see the pictures just fine.

Nice looking car.

·
Registered
15,156 Posts
Welcome!

On the vent thing. I think that the bumper to bumper warranty is only for the first owner?

Others may know more about this? Heck, I'd like to know more about this.
its all clearly explained in your warranty manual - what's covered, what isn't, what's your responsibility :drunk:

Here's a summary:

·
Registered
15,156 Posts
Crap. It sounds like this would be considered Replacement Parts & Accessories. I'm out of luck.
how do you figure that, read you warranty book more closely, Replacement Parts & Accessories are things that you purchase from the dealer, like floor mats, visors, etc or a component for the vehicle, this is the automatic coverage for that item. If you get accessories installed at the time of the vehicle purchase (new) then the coverage is triple that figure.

However, having said that and as a second owner you might have a problem with a warranty claim if it looks like its been abused but no harm in showing it to a dealer and see what they say.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts