Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

my Soul just arrived today, stuffed maximum as it was possible on a factory level, but still have some ideas to wrap. Looking now for media player replacement, since it doesn't comes with Navi system like Sportage for example does. I would add there some Android 4.x based system with 3G or WIFI support... Or QNX Car OS device.

Anyone got any in-dash GPS/media units to replace this default one Soul has?

Cheers,
Evi

·
Registered
928 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have the stock UVO system in my Soul, but I'm sure there are others on here who have upgraded to the type of unit you are wanting. Just keep checking back in here for replies.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hm... why in our showroom they told me that there is no stock system available... can be UVO ordered as addition separately?

·
Registered
928 Posts
Different regions of the world have different options available (or not available). But are you telling me that there was no radio offered at all by Kia in your country?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the funny thing is (or not funny at all) it took exactly a year to bring this car here from Korea, manufacturing was delayed for whatever reasons they had there until recently, so i was just waiting with a lot of patience, i really wanted to have this Soul, so finally car arrived yesterday evening and today i was coming over to the showroom just to see how it sounds, how it feels to drive it... for Bucharest it is pretty rare model, for 2 millions people that leave in the city i seen maybe 5 or 6 Souls on the street for past year... for everyone around me i sound like nuts, who the f. will wait for a car a year...

·
Registered
928 Posts
This is the UVO radio
but some of the features available on it here in the U.S. may not be available to you in Romania, such as HD radio and satellite radio.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just mailed to my showroom to see see if we can get UVO here... Otherwise will install some custom unit, i already found couple of aftermarket variants...

·
Registered
928 Posts
Workers at the Kia plant in Korea were on strike for a time last year. That is most likely what slowed the arrival of your Soul.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,091 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forums! :)

That look's to be a very nice unit!

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,091 Posts
^^^^^That's a problem....know way of knowing 100% sure if it all would work......most likely not. :think

·
Registered
928 Posts
The ones I'm in doubt about are the light, brake, and reverse detection modes. Also I would want to know which map database is used for the gps, and how it gets updated. If it uses google maps database, that would not be a problem, however, as they have maps of most of the earth.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
welcome, just get a separate portable GPS unit instead of messing around replacing the whole thing and a lot cheaper. I think UVO is strictly a North American feature, but would not even suggest installing the factory version for anyone in NA as a replacement, much more units available after market.

Here's one I came across on another site for the Soul - Welcome to Unavi!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you everyone for a warm welcome, it is really nice that Soul community has a soul ;)

I got myself today dragon decal on my car, still waiting for few more things from eBay Germany to arrive and checking with my local dealer if that navi box that we discussed earlier could be installed into my model, if it wont be possible for whatever reason i already figured out couple of options, there is a company that makes various accessories for Korean cars, they can provide me a face mask that surronds may tuner box, this semi round piece, this new mask has a lace holder for a device like tablet or screen with some empty space behind, i will simply use that one. since 1992 i do software and here in Romania i run software development and research company, doing mostly enterprise projects for clients in EU and some in LA and SF in States, so it's not a big deal fr me to design a new piece of hardware, add there GPS tracker, OBD II reader, media player, etc etc etc... i have some big thing in mind, just din't wanted to jump on it now... but as it always happens, when you want to have something done right, doit yourself...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts