Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello & engine light was on and the transmission cable broke and the car was frozen

Good evening,

I have a 2010 Kia Soul Exclaim. Itś been a pretty good car until it wasn´t. The engine light came on three days ago, though the car ran fine. A suspected culprit was a gas cap that doesn´t click, as well as me leaving the gas cap off a few days prior to the light coming on. I was on my way to have the engine light checked when I heard a strange bapbapbap sound, as if something was caught in the tires or under my hood. The Kia began to slow down; I pulled into a parking lot, and I couldn´t move the car....not forward, not backward, not in neutral. The car was locked in place, though many large, kind men tried to push it. I had it towed to the dealership and their diagnosis today is that I need a new transmission and that the shifter cable was disconnected with no mention of the engine light being on. This car is 2 months out of the 10 year warranty, which doesn´t sit well with me. Does anyone have any idea how all of this could happen, which might give me more of a basis to complain and ask for an allowance?

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,086 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forums!!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Good evening,

I have a 2010 Kia Soul Exclaim. Itś been a pretty good car until it wasn´t. The engine light came on three days ago, though the car ran fine. A suspected culprit was a gas cap that doesn´t click, as well as me leaving the gas cap off a few days prior to the light coming on. I was on my way to have the engine light checked when I heard a strange bapbapbap sound, as if something was caught in the tires or under my hood. The Kia began to slow down; I pulled into a parking lot, and I couldn´t move the car....not forward, not backward, not in neutral. The car was locked in place, though many large, kind men tried to push it. I had it towed to the dealership and their diagnosis today is that I need a new transmission and that the shifter cable was disconnected with no mention of the engine light being on. This car is 2 months out of the 10 year warranty, which doesn´t sit well with me. Does anyone have any idea how all of this could happen, which might give me more of a basis to complain and ask for an allowance?
Damn. No idea, have you had any maintenance done on the transmission during the life of the car? I'm assuming you got regular oil changes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts