Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Rally Bar from SSD Performance (awesome!). The install of the bar went great but then came the electrical work....I am not very experienced with this type of modification. I mounted and wire 4 Hella 500 Driving Lights to the bar. I wired my first set and then tested them and bam! they worked. Then I wired the second set and when I went to turn them on the old set would not turn on. 12 hours later I went to drive again and neither set would turn on. I have linked a Youtube video with the details. I need some expert advice!

Kia Soul Hella Lights - YouTube

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,100 Posts
FM is the man! Glad he was able to help! :)

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I just bought a Rally Bar from SSD Performance (awesome!). The install of the bar went great but then came the electrical work....I am not very experienced with this type of modification. I mounted and wire 4 Hella 500 Driving Lights to the bar. I wired my first set and then tested them and bam! they worked. Then I wired the second set and when I went to turn them on the old set would not turn on. 12 hours later I went to drive again and neither set would turn on. I have linked a Youtube video with the details. I need some expert advice!

Thanks
Kia Soul Hella Lights - YouTube

Everything looked good....... until you showed the back of those switches.... problem was evident.

oh, BTW, those lights & bar look so cool on the Soul, make's me want to go that way.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I also have installed the rallye bar from ssd with four Black Magic 500s and love them and they work great however the outside set is angled up and to the sides of the road as I live in Tennessee/Appalachain Mnts. and deer are a bad hazard lol. However I cant use them as often as Id like. I want to splice them into my bright lights so I have a quicker on/off reaction time. Can anyone tell me which wire(s) I need to splice into?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts